1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Slow connection for the last 2 weeks.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Weakling, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Weakling

Weakling Guest

So I am now pinging 180-210. (I used to ping 60-100)
    Fun huh?
    Any Suggestions?
    [​IMG]

2. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Get the AdWare and Spyware off your machine, turn off unneeded programs when running UO....

If on DSL, try unplugging DSL Phone line from modem for 2 minutes, then plug it back in... it usually needs to be done when you have a power failure. I went from downloading at 28 kbs/s to 130 kbs/s when I did this.

3. Weakling

Weakling Guest

My internet speed is very fast, just connecting to UO east coast servers are very slow. Tried the Modem thing. didnt help. :(
    I ping to Pacific Server at 30.

4. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

You're not the only one complaining about their ping doubling after a level3 server.

Post in the Tech forum, there's a thread going on over there. Doubt it'll go anywhere, but it's the best bet to get it noticed.

5. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I just checked mine for comparison and I'm getting 115 and 116 on three tries.

6. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Been having the same problem for months, same IP that is the problem. The only advice that I heard was sound was to call your ISP and ***** to them about the ****ty service of level3.net. Really you can post and post and post on stratics and talk to ea and your isp and nothing will get done. I ping better to west coast shards and oversea shards because they do not route me through that ass of a service. Seriously I ping in the 60-70 range to the west coast and now I ping 90+ to siege on most days. There are always better days than others but some nights I can't pvp and have to log or get on my discoer just to help my guild, cause dying isn't gonna help them.