1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] Slow Loading / Weather Toggle?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Fink, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

Is there a way to turn off rain?

It looks nice but it comes at the oddest times, like inside dungeons and at my Malas house (which never had rain before, ever). *edit* Sometimes it vanishes when I cast something.

---

Also does anyone else have intermittent trouble with maps loading? Rather, the details such as custom houses and mobiles/names. I've had it for a while, but it just cleared for a few days, then came back, but now it seems to be going away again. It's where you run and you stop, load buildings, load mobiles, show names, and then start again.. only to stop again a short while later and load another chunk of the world.

2. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

rain disappears when you throw fishing nets. its really weird.

3. DenAlton036

DenAlton036 Guest

Just a few days ago I was telling my wife I liked living in Malas cause it never rained there, unlike the Tram ice island (which u think would be snow) Then she pointed out that its been raining in Malas non stop since I said that.. Thought it was the meds kicking in. But ty for pointing this out, it is pretty annoying and unneeded.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If I remember right Fink you turn the particle detail down low or medium I believe ! but this will also lower other effects !
    We need a option to just turn the weather off/on

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

While the way the rain looks is nice, ther DOES need to be a better weather system as a whole in the game... occasional rain is one thing, but in some areas, I'm surprised that the land remains above water with how constant the rain is (my cabin on the north face of Covetous mountain included).

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a house at the bucden portal and it was always raining there! I have since moved the house to ter mer and I don't think it has ever rained there !