1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sluggish Greater Dragon

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Guest, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Excuse me if this has been covered, but I missed all the hype over greater dragons when they first arrived.

I was given a greater dragon as a gift. It moves as if it's out of stamina, much slower than normal walking pace. Is it bugged? Did it miss a patch? Or is there some way to fix it?

Cheers.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Excuse me if this has been covered, but I missed all the hype over greater dragons when they first arrived.

I was given a greater dragon as a gift. It moves as if it's out of stamina, much slower than normal walking pace. Is it bugged? Did it miss a patch? Or is there some way to fix it?

Cheers.

3. Nordon

Nordon Guest

Are you telling it to guard you? 'Cause I think that made tames move slower. Tell it to follow and say how it goes.

4. Nordon

Nordon Guest

Are you telling it to guard you? 'Cause I think that made tames move slower. Tell it to follow and say how it goes.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

If your pet has low stam/dex, they tend to move slow. But in any case, greater dragons aren't normally the warping type of pet anyway.

6. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Sounds like a failed command to me.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

None of the above, sadly. [​IMG]

It moves like it has no stamina, but that's not the case. It's following commands properly for my level (120/120), but it's much slower than other greaters. Thinking of taming my own anyway, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I`d dare to say that its bugged in some way.I`ve had supa`s do the same to me but after telling them to follow and or guard they always pick up their pace and keep up.Never hafta wait for them to catch up.

Last thing to try would be a real big stick and a couple well place hard whacks to show em who`s boss! [​IMG]

9. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

<blockquote><hr>

It moves like it has no stamina, but that's not the case. It's following commands properly for my level (120/120), but it's much slower than other greaters. Thinking of taming my own anyway, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Try feeding it. There is at least one other movement issue (the one where they won't move to attack) that is fixed by feeding. Let us know if that works.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I had this happen to me!

Did this happen at the moonglow event ? Mine got that way after fighting something on the other side of the fence...

I tried all the commands , killed it, got it poisoned, paralysed it, forced it to teleport, stabled/unstabled it, crossed server lines, fed it, used a summoning ball on it,released/retamed it..... left it on the other side of a fence to force it to teleport....... Nothing worked. This went unresolved for about a week..

I paged a gm 3 times on this, on the third time one appeared and tried himself.... (Thanks Dekro). ... He couldnt fix it either.

At which point, I abandonned my very well trained/ high stat dragon.........

I was quite upset/frustrated.........

[​IMG]

11. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As a last resort, I would recommend transferring it to another player to see if that would fix the problem.