1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Smiths and ironworkers of Britannia, I have good news for you...

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Guest, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

... you have a new moderator - Basara!

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Hi, everyone...

After doing so many suggestions and the like as just a poster, I finally bit the bullet and decided to actually do things around here in an official manner.

Please pardon my occasional typing dyslexia (part mental, part from nerve damage to my right arm as a child that can get the hand out of sync), and we'll get along fine.

First up, I'm gonna work on our stickies over the next day or two. But tonight, I'm gonna celebrate my new positon by, what else, smithing, and going mining for the elusive ore elemental paragons on Lake Austin.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I pretty much Assumed Basara was our Moderator, hehehhee.

congrats on the official title [​IMG]

Rey~

4. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Cool! Good choice!

Welcome, Basara!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Tjoohoo,

congrats and welcome.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Basara

Doesnt Basara have something to do with trash. No no not being mean, but I recall it having something to do with trash or poorness. Where did you get your name from?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Basura (aka Aja De Coudreaux / Oakland, CA) uses her mystical powers to turn trash into treasures. She enlists the help of all bugs everywhere and can tell how an object was made by merely touching it.[2] She was eliminated in episode four for not being assertive enough, as well as her hesitancy to help a mother look for her child.

Ah found it. SciFi channel show. I knew it rung a bell.

8. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It actually comes from Japan.

Basara is the name of several characters in anime and manga. It is probably a name from that area, but not entirely sure.

The most common is the "Basara" manga (which is about a rebel leader with the name who is killed at the beginning of the story, and whose sister steps into his position, literally, taking over his identity to keep the movement alive). However, that's not the character I took the name from.

The character I took the handle from was one Basara Nekki, one of the main characters of the series Macross 7. Ironically, my CHARACTER Basara in UO (a bard) is the least played, and I doubt I've put 10 hours into him over the last 5 years, other than using Tamer & Bard Advanced Character tokens on him (well, using the tamer on another character and stoning the skills over).

My characters Gamlin, Mylene, Gigile & Sivil also take their names from the series.

9. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

10. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Congrats!

Quick! What's the percentage chance of enhancing a 100% steel wool chainmail suit with Valorite???

11. Basara

100%, because it would scratch so bad you couldn't wear it....

12. Redrum1

Redrum1 Guest