1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Smuggler's Edge Duribility

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheGrimReefer, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

Is it just me or does the smugglers edge lose duribility too quickly. I just got one yesterday, use it for about an half hour and it went down 215/255. I was fighting the Toko spawn 1st lvl with lizardmen. Anyone else see this as an issue?

2. Sara1

Sara1 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes, it is a problem. I played a total of around 3 hrs, not all at once, but it went to 183. That in my opinion is way too fast.

3. yeah they lose durability way too quickly, esp since you cant use ft powder on them as of right now. =/ They need to fix the durability or the ft powder issue.

4. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Can you repair it?

5. you can repair, but not ft powder it... i mean it'll still last awhile, but since we have to pay irl cash or 15mil for them, i wish they would change it so they could be ft powdered

6. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

as we've already learned from imbuing, a weapon with 255/255 will still last a good many months, even years.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have no idea what you all are fighting with yours but I've had mine and used it several times now probably for more than 2 hours and it's still at 240 last I checked.

What are you hacking up slimes or something with it?

8. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I have done about 8 lanterns & 5 pick boxes' worth of Lizardmen at Tokuno and am presently at 91/254. You want to leave once the Kappas appear, for then your knife and armor will take loads of damage form acid.

9. Smokin

Smokin Guest

That was true but now the weapon decay from when SA was launched came back, I made a weapon(swords) went and did one champ spawn, it had 255 durability and it went to 0/255 before the 3rd tier was over. Yes I was using whirlwind but that is brutal decay rate. If I did 10 spawns a day that means it last around a month. Not good.

10. Reximus

Reximus Guest

rat spawn? slimes?

11. Brother.

I have one.
    Have used it for a month HOURs AND hoURs and HOurS and HOURS.

I have 253/255 durability.

Just fix it when it down to 15.

By the time it breaks, youll have 1000 lanterns.

Whats all the hub-bub.

12. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

With 120 stealing and after over 7 hours of use..... I've gotten "ONE" lantern... nothing else worth mentioning... yet my durability is only down to 209/255 and I've not once repaired it yet... so when I do.... eventually I'll be at 254 durability I'm sure...

13. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

You paid $4.99 for it the faster that durability drops the sooner EA will get another $4.99 from you...its working as intended...

14. MalagAste

Paid 4.99 to get lanterns... but at the rate they drop .... I may have more luck killing stuff with better loot getting gold and buying the lantern colors I want.... somewhat like powerscrolls... waste of time and energy when if I just hunt... I can make the gold to buy the scroll I want rather than risk stuff and worry about fighting to get a scroll I can't use.... if I get one.

15. bioras

bioras Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

He's right. Mythic puts out products for it's current player base to purchase. When was the last time you saw a UO product on the shelf? I used to hang out in Haven just help new players. When was the last time you saw an honest new player?
    Pity, UO is a far richer world than...um..hmm "other" games. Our devs are working their tails off to fix a very complex game.
    Seems the powers that be...want a fast income source. Special items with a short life.
    *steps of box*

16. mustafa

mustafa Guest

had mine for 3 weeks and now im down to 10/10 durabllity so yeah it crap but got another 5 so no big deal anyway anyone got cool colour lantern yet i got a few but no cool colours ;(

17. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Yes and I know why but that is still ridiculous decay. A melee warrior gets the shaft again.

18. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

Is there a list of the colors for the lanterns somewhere i looked but couldnt find one.