1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Smuggler's Lantern - Edge ?'s

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by UO Relic, Mar 4, 2010.

1. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ok been away from game for abit came back and spotted Smuggler's Lanterns for sale, tried searching this forum for info as I was told you can only get with stealing skill. Found limited posts talking about lanterns though 1 post mentioned you need the smugglers edge (equipped? or in pack??) to have a chance to steal special items (ie:smugglers lantern, is there other special items? know about balms they were about prior to my break though i didnt need smugglers edge to get) from monsters. Tried searching forum on smugglers edge but can find no references on where to get it. Nothing in FAQ or in the sticky on 'stealing from monsters' about lantern or edge.

Can someone give me a link to a post or explain the changes or what I need to know to get lanterns, Thanks

2. A Rev

A Rev Guest

You need to buy a smugglers edge from either a player or EA.

You need to beat on monsters with it, so also need fencing skill, it will attempt to steal from monsters as you hit them.

It is somewhere in here but i cant remember where i saw it, if i find it ill link

Found it!

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=174780

3. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I believe it is "use best weapon skill"! And don't you have to be in fel or tram champ spawn? I can't remember I haven't use'd it in awhile.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Smugglers Edge is an item bought from uogamecodes.com, when you have it equipped and you attack a monster on the tram side of champ spawn locations or in any fel dungeon you have a chance to steal a special item such as the smugglers lantern, smugglers toolbox, or an increased chance at one of the special balms. (However, the smugglers edge is not required to steal balms and lotions from monsters.)

You can use any weapon skill as the blade is marked with "use best weapon skill". Your chance of success at a successful steal is based on your real stealing skill. +skill items will not help you.

Here's some info on it from the gamecodes store:
    [Edit]
    Just so you have all the numbers to calculate a correct percentage change to steal successfully, here's the info on stealing from monsters in general.
    http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=29880

5. Okay, this one just confused me. The Tram side of champ spawn locations? You mean spots in tram that correspond to the locations of champ spawns in Fel?

6. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

He meens Ishnar champ spawns or Tokuno one..

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I believe that is correct, but it's been a while since I tested out where it worked and I can't remember where it was exactly.
    Usually if I go hunting with it, it's in a fel dungeon anyway. I could be mistaken, but I believe it was all fel dungeons, any champ spawn location, or any champ spawn location's counterpart in tram. I'm not 100% certain about the tram part though.

8. I think T-Hunt had the right of it. No results hunting in Tram corresponding locations, but two lanterns, a tool kit and various balms in different Ilsh champs.

9. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That could be. As I said, it's been awhile since I went hunting with mine outside of fel.