1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Snooping can reveal!?!?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Quilnn, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Quilnn

Quilnn Guest

I heard from another player that if you run with 100.0 Snooping, 100.0 Hiding, and 120.0 Stealthing while snooping another player who has no detecting skills, you retrieve a chance of being detected.

I thought that if you were at 100% of those 3 skills, they cannot detect you at all! What happened?!?! Is this true or false? Reply Please! :cursing:
  2. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Jul 3, 2008
    If you have 100.0 Snooping, you have a 100% chance to snoop undetected/revealed. (You don't even need Hiding or Stealth, just Snooping.)

Not sure what that other player was talking about.

(You probably didn't get any replies to this because you should be posting the pvp thief forum about these questions.)
  3. kleos

kleos Guest

I think snooping reveals, but that is not the same thing as being detected.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    It doesn't reveal until you attempt to snatch something. At champ spawns, when folks start on the champ, I use shadowjump to open everyones' packs at once. Then, I simply stay hidden and watch to see who gets the highest scroll. When I see it, I target it, shadowjump to the appropriate pack, hit my steal macro, hit wolf form, and get out.