1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So about 1st floor tiles..

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Gheed, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just got into another design and found the 1st floor tiles in the customize menu do not appear when you try to place them. I know I read something about that in this forum a while back. I cant find it now. If anyone has any solution .. I'm all eyes... im in the 2d client btw. Thanks in advance.

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You need to close out all the way and get back in. It's some kind of graphical overlapping issue. Might want to reduce your housing cache to 0 too.

3. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sarsmi EA should give you lifetime subs on all your accounts :) It was the housing cache. Thank you much!

4. AtlanticVlad

Stratics Veteran

Gota Love it =) I usually have to close uo 10-30 times when actually doing any real house work the thing just slows down and its def not my comp =) But ya oh well no big deal =) Not saying that problem in particular but it does pop up from time to time =)

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yah it's some kind of memory leak thing i think. If I'm doing some kind of major customizing deal I'll save and close quite a few times or the slowness bugs me. Some kind of memory leak from being in customize mode (similar to the memory leak you get if you keep the log in screen up for a while?)

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is devious! It is like when you go to fel and run around then get houses to pop up in tram where they are in fel. But in this case it is the same plot you are on, and you can't tell because it is overlapping its self. You will see the same thing at an idoc where if you log out and back in where the falling house is and it gets cached when it falls only part of it will drop and the rest will still be up.