1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So About My UO

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Capt. Lucky, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

Ok I would make up some vaguely insulting or vulgar name to use as an example, but someone in UO is probably using it ;) Anyway, I check a house sign and it says owned by Player XXX. I check Player XXX on that shard in MY UO and that player doesn't exist. So how does that work? I'm thinking they're playing the 90 day game? With a castle in a prime location? Kinda risky.

I'd like to make some people offers on their property from time to time but being a private homes it's nearly impossible to contact them and they don't seem to be playing much. They don't show up in MY UO. Nothing on the tax records :) I could post to shard boards so everyone knows I really want something and now I can expect to pay 2 or 3 times more than I would have, lol.

2. Packrat22

Packrat22 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It is likely that it is only a house holding account and they play mainly their other account or the house owner uses the other 6 characters on the account and hasn't logged into the house holder in over 60 days.
    I would leave books or renamed pets around the home to get their attention. good luck Lucky. Hope you get lucky.:)

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  3. Theron

Theron Sage

Sir I'm not sure I like what you're trying to imply here, but I feel vaguely insulted.
    EDIT: Forgot my monocle initially...
    [​IMG]

#3 Theron, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

It could be any number of reasons:

Dummy character created to get a certain name on the house sign then deleted.
    Character that transferred off to another shard.
    Name change token.

Deep Ellum Dan likes this.
  5. Capt. Lucky

Hmmmmm

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

been watching a spot since I began playing, never catch anyone there.. someone was there in 2007 or so, but I missed them - fairly certain that it's grandfathered paid account or it would have gone down long ago

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  7. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Also got to factor in that MY UO doesn't actually work. Loads of characters, my own included, don't even show up.

Valura and Capt. Lucky like this.
  8. Francis Drake

Francis Drake Adventurer

If you use a name change token the house sign will show your new name as owner

9. Capt. Lucky

I think this is probably the answer :p

10. Deep Ellum Dan

Ya I would bet a deleted toon. But would the house name stay the name of the deleted toon and not change to another toon's name on the account?

11. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If you delete the house owner, the sign says "unknown". as we all know UO is full of bugs but this is what normally happens.

12. Becca

Becca Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have a char that hasnt logged on in a couple months so she doesnt show up on myuo

13. Beldin Brightaxe

Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think if the character hasn't logged on within the last 90 days they won't show up on My UO. I have a character in my guild that hasn't logged in since April 16th (I'm checking the in game guild roster). He doesn't show up on a search for his name on My UO. He does show up on a search of my guild on My UO, but I can't click on his name.

14. Beldin Brightaxe

Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think if the character hasn't logged on within the last 90 days they won't show up on My UO. I have a character in my guild that hasn't logged in since April 16th (I'm checking the in game guild roster). He doesn't show up on a search for his name on My UO. He does show up on a search of my guild on My UO, but I can't click on his name.