1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So, am I out of luck? (lost boat)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by NuSair, Aug 15, 2014.

1. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I lost my boat due to the sped up timers, that we were never told about. It was something the devs intentionally changed and I lost my boat and all it's contents because of that. And I would like to know what is going to be done.

At this point, I have not even logged back in the game since that day. Every time I think about how I lost it because of a change we were never notified about really upsets me (trying to somewhat nice here).

If it was my mistake, yeah, it would suck, but I would accept it and move on.

The number of hours lost in game time because of the collected things lost- fishing power scrolls, hooks, baits, the quest- the lost reputation in having to quit the collection quest- and the thought of all the fishing/crabbing that it is going to take to get back to where I was.

So devs, am I out of luck? I haven't seen you say anything other than an acknowledgement that you changed the timer.

2. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Unfortunately, yeah. They don't ever replace things.

3. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not even sure what the decay rate is for a boat nowdays.

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, they do and have. The most recent/public example I can cite off the top of my head is when they replaced the destroyed rubble.

5. Aran

Okay. There's once.

6. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hate to ask but did you ever see or read of this actually getting done?

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

alexanders anny robe was replaced too when it was lost due to vendor bug cuased by vendor search pub.

If you are really concerned, email mesanna. thats the only method we are given for customer support, and thats what shes told us to do for most problems. If nothing more it would let her know that unannounced changes like this are detrimental to players and really unacceptable.

8. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

Ive had plenty of things lost due to game bugs... I was told by mesanna that once things are lost they are gone forever and cant be replaced. However I have heard of special circumstances in which the lady in power has returned special things to special players. Good luck.

Im truly sorry to hear that you lost things, I guess a guild meeting in florida was more important.

9. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe ask the Syndicate for compensation lol. "How Can We Help You?" Since they enjoyed some face time while UO went to hell maybe they would give you a new brit ship and a billion gold to ease your troubles.

DJAd and Scribbles like this.
  10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Boats something I didn't think about, yeah they need to do something if a boat was lost because it timer was screwed with like the house timers. That would have been really REALLY poor thinking and yeah Mesanna would ne the one to hit up about it.

11. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I am not sure how we are supposed to do fishing quests without losing reputation - but I never ever leave my boat in the water when I log out.

For those that do leave it in the water - I hope you use the new lighthouse to reclaim it.

12. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The bought item is tagged on your account if you indeed purchased it. A simple page to a GM will return it to you. If you had a gold bought ship, or were given the Brit ship, then it us indeed gone, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately the items and reputation are gone :(

13. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

14. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When you want to drydock your ship, fill and turn in all the quests you have in the hold, when they offer you a new quest, refuse it. This does not harm your reputation. Do not abandon or quit the quests, that does damage your reputation.

I believe I read that lighthouses do not save any hold contents, only the ship itself.

15. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

When ppl is seriously worried about 5, 10 or 20 bucks.. i think its time for them to 1) get a job 2) change job for another one that does pay a decent amount of cash or 3) ask mom or dad for their credit card again and go buy another virtual item that will make you feel happy again

all these options are really sad, no matter what u choose

16. Aran

Hey, not everyone has mommy and daddy funding their lives like you do

The Zog historian likes this.
  17. syndael

syndael Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I could be wrong here, but doesn't the lighthouse vet play into losing ships? into getting most stuff back

18. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So I placed a lighthouse. Placed a ship with the same account. Ship decayed, looked in crate, no ship. Just to be sure, got the home owner char to look in crate. no ship. Sso I'm not sure with a lighthouse it would have made any difference, something's screwy there

19. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As NuSair wrote: "The number of hours lost in game time because of the collected things lost- fishing power scrolls, hooks, baits, the quest- the lost reputation in having to quit the collection quest- and the thought of all the fishing/crabbing that it is going to take to get back to where I was." [emphasis added]

Now, you were saying?

20. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I misinterpreted how the lighthouse works, i thought you had to manually link them. disregard my idiotic statement lol

#20 Victim of Siege, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014