1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So are Garg Pick Axes broken now .... ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Snakeman, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Over 350 digs with 3 garg pockaxes & not one Elemental...... Did you guys break that too :( trying to fix something else? And don't say bad RNG, always on every Garg pick I have had for yr's I have also dug up 2 Elementals to every pick.

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Do you set it to dig granite?

3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I've used a garg pick and broke it before getting any elementals. Three picks seems odd though.

4. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same as I have for the last 10 yrs, always Only ore once Granite was added to mining a few yrs ago.

5. Mark Trail

Mark Trail Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not Broken

(Monday morning) I tried out a garg pick in Royal City and got an elemental after about 40-50 digs. I was mining ore only. No change from years ago.

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I've seen it vary wildly. I've gotten no eles with several picks and gotten two in rapid succession a couple of times. I have a 15 dig UOA mining macro and have had an ele appear with a second appearing before I get the macro stopped.

You can wind up a lonely soul or a very popular one. The RNG has it's moods. :)

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Tanivar is right on the fickleness of the RNG...

I'm probably the most famous Gargoyle Pickaxe miner out there (having advocated it for years as a way to have fun while mining, even mining in Ilshenar specifically looking for Paragon ore eles).

I've had 3-4 garg pick stretches with no elementals - but I've also had 5 shadow eles spawn in 9 swings* with one pickaxe. You really can't judge what any given GPA will do, based on previous experience with others.

If only Draconi's plans to normalize the RNG had been implemented.

* (and I never stopped digging, even though the only macro I use for mining is my generic last item/last target key I've set up on all my characters - 120 weapon skill and an earth ele slayer was dropping them in 2 swings, before the recent boost to slayers).

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The streakiness of the RNG is why you get paragon hour when you go stretches where you feel like you're in a paragon convention!