1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

So called powergaming vs efficiency

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Astrel, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Astrel

Astrel Guest

One of the things you learn from playing UO for a long time is that working on one skill alone is not very efficient, although it is a legitimate choice of play style, and perhaps if you belong to a guild it serves a purpose.

Imbuing is a present example. You can make the correct weighted items and gain in imbuing quickly, but it is somewhat inefficient because in the end you end up just gaining in one skill, and spend money without income.

During the initiial period of SA I haven't been powergaming imbuing, thus my imbuing is still around 95. However, through farming items using my throwing char I have gained the following:

110 Throwing, still rising
    120 anat
    110 resist
    GM tactics
    GM Healing
    GM focus
    70 Chiv

2m+ gp
    5000+ residue
    400+ essence
    200+ top end imbuing ingredients
    200+ quest items
    several new AF
    interesting loot (like mage armor, nightsight, mana regen earrings)

How do you think those stack up against powergaming 120 imbuing?
  2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    You got it. Train skills for a little then go play the game. Imbuing 98.3 to 105 today in a little over an hour and now I need to do something else or bang my head on my desk. Could never train one skill non stop without going nuts.
  3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Oct 1, 2006
    I pretty much do the same thing, though I use established toons instead of new one's (Which I don't have) I'm at 104.6 imbuing and have like 7k Magic Residue stuck away and lots of other ingredients.