1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So...Devs are silent now? Even their posts about this have been removed?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sytherea, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

I saw Draconi's posts about the lag this morning, now they're gone? This is simply ridiculous. I'm not one to post negative things about an online game because they're never perfect for anyone, but someone needs to step forward and be a voice to us from the EA side or me and my family's accounts are closing. This is simply uncalled for. Tomorrow, same time...No definitive word from EA/Mythic about this problem and it's over.

2. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed...

3. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

None of Draconi's posts were removed....or any other Dev's for that matter.

Is this the thread you are referring to?

4. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

No, there's not. It's THAT BAD here. I don't tell you how to spend 50.00 a month, don't tell me. I've played this game 9 years now and haven't experienced ANYTHING this bad, this long. AOS wasn't even this bad.

And I will do something else, real soon, if there continues to be a significant lack of response from anyone on their side about this.

Wow, this is bad. I'm arguing with someone who can't get a point across without using foul language...

5. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

No. This morning I saw RECENT (like in the last 3 days) posts from Draconi asking players about this and he was trying different servers based on their responses. Those posts are gone now. At least by clicking the link on http://uo.stratics.com/ under Developer Feedback.

But thanks for trying...

6. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You're kidding me, right?

Drac's post on on 11/8

Joanne's was on 11/11

These are the last posts by anyone from EA (other than moderators) on the lag issue?

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

If you claim that "AOS wasn't even this bad", then you have a VERY selective memory, or were not here for AOS. This is NOTHING like the AOS launch. Days on end just trying to log in! Being unable to take more than one step in luna without giving up after a 5 minute wait. 2 days in a GM queue waiting to get out of a "black hole". While this lag is annoying, it is not anywhere near that bad.

That said, the lag is certainly annoying and made me miss the end of the events, but it is not bad enough for me to even consider closing accounts.

8. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

Well, then your problem here isn't as bad as mine, as mine during AOS wasn't as bad as yours. During AOS I was surprised to get an apology from the team, as I was having a pretty good time. Could be that I was on an extremely good connection for the time, but I do remember times I couldn't log in. But it in no way went on for as long as this has.

Oh yeah, I do seem to remember the Dev team at the time was in contact with the player base, unlike at this moment. Therein lies my main problem with this current "inconvenience".

9. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

AoS launch had black holing and numerous random disconnections. It was MUCH worse than what's happening now. Also, the problems with AoS launch were happening on every shard.

10. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

Again, it's not the severity of the problem, it's the disconnect the Dev team is taking from this. Unlike the AOS days. Get it? God, I hope so.

I was there. It was bad. Ok? Feel better?

11. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Evidently, yes.

12. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

Dev team have NOTHING to do with network issues. You are crying to the wrong people.

13. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

SHHHHHH!!!!

Maybe well all get a stat bonus out of this one too!

14. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It must have varied from shard to shard. I don't recall the Age of Shadows launch being bad. Pretty much the same as every expansion.

15. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Strange... since we both play Atlantic... unless you were on another shard way back when...

16. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Looks like EA yanked on Stratics Leash again and had them remove it. Ive told you ... Stratics are in EA's back pocket.

17. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yea!....right after the black helicopters came through....*nods*

18. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

i also was sure i saw he had posted and was planning to read later and disappeared when i want back to look and read. guess next post will be he left for greater freedom. also no wonder no posts if they disappear in thin air .

19. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Honestly, no, there was no leash or anything. I was glad everyone posted what they could when I was asking for tracerts that night.

There was a serious concern amongst the developers that the lag wasn't really network lag, but possibly CPU or memory usage on the server run amok. As I mentioned in one of those threads, we were able to eliminate that as a possibility once the tracerts started coming in, all pointing mostly to the east coast servers.

Having moved to Virginia, I live on the east coast now, so I checked my route to the servers - always clear, always fast. I also checked it from within the EA network (pinging from San Francisco back to east coast) and came out fine.

By this point, we were pretty much convinced it was a specific network issue, still possibly within our own control (it turned out not to be), so moved it upwards to the EA networking crew, and went back to crunching on the Abyss.

Joann has posted everything we *could* tell you, when she got it, and Mesanna has been collecting the tracerts you sent in.

Meanwhile, the official update has been posted here. The summary is: it's an individual telecom's issue, and it's being taken care of. This explains why only a portion of users were affected (like the fellow who was horribly lagged, but who's brother was fine on the same server)

Thank you all for being vigilant - the constant posts gave us the bullets we needed to get this thing taken care of.

Viva Stygian Abyss!

20. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Enough of this dribble you guys...really.

There is no leash.

Nothing I can do or type here will make you all see that...but Stratics gets ZERO from EA/Mythic except traffic from you guys. No money...no nuthin'...and despite some of you thinking we are here to cater to EA that just simply isn't the case.

Regarding the posts mentioned earlier - NONE were moved. If they are gone, the were deleted by the OP. Believe it or not...but I certainly have no reason to bull**** anyone.

21. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you Draconi. Now that wasnt so hard was it?

22. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thank you Draconi!

23. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

thank you for the update

24. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

Thank you, Draconi. I'm immensely pleased to see your post, as well as Joann's. I'll slink back to obscurity now, hopefully for another 9 years. :bowdown:

25. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Grrr thanks for bringing back the bad memories. Especially the black hole problem. *cold shiver*