1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So I Got My Blue Crystals...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mr. Gnome, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Mr. Gnome

Mr. Gnome Guest

Now what?

I don't understand the healing thing. Where are these NPCs located? What is this monster-human form thing? What's all the fuss about them not resetting quick enough?

2. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Now thats an easy one. First, get about 60-75 blues. I've heard of it taking as many as 73. Then, go find a sick gypsy

I'll tell you where some are

Carl's in the orc dungeon at the bottom.
    Isham is in the ice dungeon at the bottom.
    There are 2 in shame near the mage tower.
    If they are human, you have to wait. If they are in monster-form go for it very quickly. If anyone sees you doing it they will immediately bring as many people as they know with blue crystals to try to take advantage of your hard work. This is uo after all. There is no repercussion for bad behavior so we get a lot of it.

They reset every 2 hours as far as I can tell, and I have seen a whole lot of gypsies reset at this point.

Double-click your blue crystal target the gypsy, and it will either say he feels a little better or give you a robe. I call it popping them because it will make a popping sound.

Good Luck

If you're on atlantic & i see you doing it, I'll come back later.

3. Mr. Gnome

Mr. Gnome Guest

TYVM!

I was able to find the guy on Atlantic in the ice dungeon a monster, it was in Fel though. Took me 48 to heal him and I got my robe :)

4. [LGND]

[LGND] Guest

It was stated by Sak that it only takes 40-50. Lets not continue to tell people the wrong thing.

5. I'd STRONGLY recommend doing this with a stealther. Remember, you can do the grunt work with your main, but anyone in your stable can drop off the crystals if they completed the quest (which involves no danger and takes like 30 seconds to do).

But as posted, if anyone sees you dropping the crystals, they are gonna call in the troops. Very poor design, this. They really should either have the crystals stack or make the tally an instance per player.

6. Pretty sure you can monitor the health bar and see it going up, and know someone is "poppin" it.

"Best" way we found, was to share the 60 crystals between as many guildies, or "trusted" players as possible and do it as quick as possible. Yeah it gives one robe at a time, but we got everyone a robe doing it this way over time.
    With no issues either.

7. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wow I got lucky it cured on the first one and no one else was here at all.

8. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On any I saw done & on my own, the bar doesn't move at all. You just get the message & that is all. :stretcher:

9. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Let me be plain here. I have a customer that told me he used 73 and did not get a robe. I don't much care what someone at ea says, many many times they don't know how to play this game.

I believe the man who told me that. He was very very unhappy. For me, it has never taken over 47 or 48, and I have a lot of them.

If the game worked the way the folks that program it thinks it did think of the many many problems we would never have had. You do remember those char statues walking around right?

10. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A friend doing his on Sunday took 57 blues, so 40-50 is prob a average IMO.

Zombies I tell ya :lol:.

11. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That's the reason why I don't do this quest (got a red one and was happy with that), it encourages griefing.

You can also have a stealther near a gispsy and wait for someone to come and try to steal the kill, so to speak. I'm to old for that crap.

12. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I stealthed into Leto late on Sunday night and just as I opened my chest of crystals to start dropping them onto him he turned back into human form. Another guy had been hiding and dropping his crystals on Leto.
    I just went Fel side and did it there.

13. Good plan, but risky.

The crystals aren't blessed. A PK getting a 50 Blue Crystals from you would be one sweet score for him.

14. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

you can insure them

15. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I was saying Leto is like grand central station on atl. More people there than any of the others imo.

16. For 30k.

15k of which gets instantly deposited into the Thanks For Killing My Ass Fund.