1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So, I predicted it!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Basara, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

If you all remember, Friday I observed that the Strangers were spawning at the places where the scripters, unattendeds and those that are both at once have been congregating, and predicted that one of the last two would be in Heartwood.

It has come to pass....

That leaves #6. I predicted it will hit one of the current or former gold farming areas.

So, if the second half of my prediction holds up, which do you think it will be?

One of the Dread Spider areas (such as Solen tunnels, Tokuno coastline, Fire Dungeon, or Spider caves in Ilshenar)

or

the Painted Caves (trog farmers)

or, somewhere else???

Place your bets....

(though we'll probably have to wait an extra day or two, thanks to the Heartwood Stranger causing shards to crash as it dies...)

2. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

i vote trogs, lets :gun: these scripters down!!!

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Basara, because the Six are on an information-gathering mission, my vote goes for the Britain Public Library.

4. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

How about having then in heartwood?

5. You're forgetting Ice Dungeon with the Ice Fiends. I'm betting that's where it will be.

6. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Tina, Connor:

Yep, those would be good possibilities as well, on my criteria.

I wonder if it's Britain, if people will claim "hasn't it been invaded enough already?" Of course, some people are never happy about anything...

And, I sorta forgot the ice fiends from the fact they never appear to have been script-bait on my shard, and when I went there it was to gain fame and karma, and almost never looted.

7. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

my vote trogs only because there has been a thread running for a while about the scriptors in the dojo, heartwood, and painted caves. Makes me think they are paying attention to what we say:thumbup1:

8. Emil IsTemp

Emil IsTemp Guest

How about all 6 strangers at once do a blitzkrieg through all of these spots, plus run along mountains and caves.. then sail the mighty seas.. and finally knock on everyones door.. see whos house macrowing.

9. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

I would love to see it in painted caves, but damn that place might be to small to move around in if it spawns there.

You don't reckon that the reason people script in these places is because they are popular to begin with, and perhaps (just perhaps) the developers are wanting to place the mobs here because of the popularity of the spots.

Besides if they were really going to target scripters spots...they'd have to drop one in the middle of the ocean.

10. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

So you are opposing the Six does the GM's job? Then what will the GM's do? Can the Six spam canned messages over their heads while doing this?

11. Honestly I am not kiddin about this:

Yesterday they were In heartwood. And i think its safe to say they ARE evil now. They were Duping NPC's and Crashing Shards :stretcher::thumbup1:

~Blade

12. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

So you are opposing the Six does the GM's job? Then what will the GM's do? Can the Six spam canned messages over their heads while doing this?[/QUOTE]

We have GMs? When did this happen?

Yesterday they were In heartwood. And i think its safe to say they ARE evil now. They were Duping NPC's and Crashing Shards

aye thats his special attack. When ya kill him he freezes the world for a time. :thumbup1:

13. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Dang those scripters in Hyth :(

14. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Can those without ML get into Heartwood? I know its been 2 years since it came out, but I'm not sure how many people still haven't upgraded. At least in the anti virtue dungeons everyone could take part in the event.

15. I have never seen a scripter on Siege in the caves.

16. Basara

Yeah, I should have realized that was the most likely target...

While the trog scripters are a bit too recent for the Devs to plan something devious for them, Britain too war-weary, and the dreads too much in the past,

It was AFK (usually invis, or in a different room) tamers with Cu Sidhes camping Hythloth for the 10th anni items (especially the level 2 & 3 daemon rooms, and to a lesser extent level 4) that were the big unattended player issue a few months ago, before the spawn rates were lowered, and the distance & invis penalties added.

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Actually I see an AFK scripter hunting in Hyloth on GL quite often in the room by the stairs to the bottom floor.... There is a demon and a elder gazer I think that spawn in there... but the guy sits there without moving day in day out killing things on his paroxy swamp dragon....... That is he sits there like that until the unfortunate happens and that nasty balron from the other room follows some happless adventurer into that room and remains there after said adventurer goes downstairs.... Appearently you can't kill a balron while afk ..... too bad so sad.

18. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The only scripters on Siege are the ones in GZ running a second computer right beside the one they are playing there main toon on for when they get paged on or 1 hit killed/ DPed.
    All other farming spots are patrolled regularly.