1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So I sent an email to UO support about my secret word...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Jan 26, 2014.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So I've been trying to find out or reset my secret word for my UO account.

I sent off an email to [email protected] asking if there is anyway I could reset or find out what my secret word is. I said I'd be happy to supply any information needed, account name, email address, card details etc.

I also asked if they could tell me my secret question, as from looking on the account management page via origin.com it looks like you can choose a few questions then supply answers. Maybe this is what they mean?

About a week later I got a reply. This is a classic in my option. Guess what they said?

Hello,

Before we can assist you with your issue we will need to verify your ownership of this account. Please reply to this E-mail and provide us the following information to verify your account ownership:

Name of the account:
    Secret Word:

I sent them a reply saying I was trying to find out my secret word so I can't provide it to verify like they wanted. It makes me think did anyone human actually read my initial email in the first place?!

:facepalm:

I wonder if Mesanna can help me?

Flagg and Jade of Sonoma like this.
  2. xblade

xblade Sage
    Stratics Veteran

just email mesanna she will all ways help when she can

DJAd likes this.
  3. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Go to Origin.com and login. Under the "Security" setting you can change your secret word.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I've been into this section. It lets me set "security questions" which it says I can pick up to three. Is this the same thing as "secret word" ?

[​IMG]

#4 DJAd, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I just went to UO.com and clicked "Retail Account Creation" to see what options that gives when making an account. It asks for a secret word on here also and you can choose from some defaults. These are not all the same as the ones on Origin.com either.

[​IMG]

This is bit of a mission. I think I will just email Mesanna. Might be quicker than trying to battle my way though all this again!

Flagg likes this.
  6. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, that's the place. Then again, and this is a frightening thought, what if "the secret word" is something else that I haven't heard of either!

Jade of Sonoma and DJAd like this.
  7. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't remember my secret word either. It must be written down somewhere in a book, in the heap of UO books, about the time when the Account migration nightmare took place.

This makes me realize I should look for that information again and make sure I have it noted. There are too many passwords and Account Names and secret words for too many things now.

I hope you get this problem solved DJAd.

#7 Jade of Sonoma, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    DJAd likes this.
  8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Same here. This is why I thought I would try to findout what mine was.

I got another reply yesterday. This line from the email really p****d me off to be honest.

There is no way to view or change your Secret Word yourself. If one was set up for your account, you will need to remember.

So much for "customer support"

#8 DJAd, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  9. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

I can't even phone to get help from EA Bioware Mythic without paying long distance charges and waiting in que for a long time to get a REAL person to talk to who can't help anyhow. LOL I hope Mesanna can help you.

10. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

Ive had the same thing happen with other entities. When on the phone you can ask for a hint. Or just start saying the most common answers that you have given over the years. I bet it is your first dogs name.

11. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*sigh*

I totally understand the issue but the secret word is your responsibility to remember and have in a safe place ( written down, portable hard-drive, ect ect) if such an issue would arise on the account.

If EA would willingly just give out the secret word because I would have all the information from somebody else's account because I hacked it then these boards would be filled with threads how bad the security is. I could cal them up provide the players info to the account and get the secret password.

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  12. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It seems like you have access to your accounts, and also have access to the CC that is used. And if you additionally got one or more of the upgrade keys you have - you can send them in a email to [email protected] (with cc info as xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-1234) and ask them to reset your secret password. I dont think they are able to see your actually password - but they have to powers to reset it, as long you can prove that you are the right owner.

Dont think you need to bother Bonnie with this - and it is self explonary if you call them and ask for the secret password.... It is, and shal not be that simple.

#12 Mandrake of DF, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  13. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

ive never picked a secret word for any of my account or any of my master accounts.
    ive never been asked to pick one or do i recall being asked ever to create one.

i have a massive binder that i keep ALL my UO info in.
    if i ever did get one or make one it would be in there under the tab marked "accounts".
    but it isnt, which says to me ive never had one or made one.

so then the question is..... if you've never made one or had one how would you answer the question?

DJAd likes this.
  14. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I remember in a distant memory, that I think I had to choose one when I made the mytic account. But - I cant remember what it was... Honestly, I dont care, cuz if I need it - i will know it when they ask me. I think we all had to do this, and i was playing when they put it over on a montly base payment...so I did change pretty fast.

But, as it is and has been with uo for the time it excisted - if you got any of the upgrade keys or cd keys - or CC info so that you can prove it is yours...it is yours.

That is basic info you have to send to support, or enlighten them when u talk to them regarding security or owner issues.

#14 Mandrake of DF, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!