1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

So I thought I had a rare, but then I screwed it up!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Lunaticus, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

While out hunting with my little newb, I discovered that the enhanced shield I've been using had a durability of 262. I thought that the max was 255, so I decided I'd ask the fine folks in the rare forum for some information. Well, in order to not make a total fool of myself, I opted to experiment with some PoF. I figured I'd either increase the durability (thus knowing that I didn't have anything special), or I would get a message that I couldn't fortify said object any more. Well, I was able to fortify my shield only to see the durability DROP back down to 255! I'm an idiot. . . So, if I hadn't messed things up, would my shield have been worth anything? I'm going to beat myself, violently, about the head and shoulders if I've un-rared a rare, heh. [​IMG]
  2. No, certain either runics or metals to make certain items allow you to make items with super high dura. One of my guildmates does it all the time. So no, it was not rare.
  3. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

Man, that is a relief! Thanks for the quick reply!