1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So i tried Wraith form for the first time.....

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by athlon, Jun 6, 2008.

1. athlon

athlon Guest

and i must say, the mana leaching was AWFUL. Granted, i was using a soul seeker and only doing about 30 damage a hit, but i was hoping Wriath form leached a heck of a lot more mana than it seemed to leech.

Does anyone know exactly how much mana wraith form leeches? It seems to me that vamp form is still the far superior form.

I am also thinking of trying Ninjitsu dog form at 120 ninjitsu, to see how fast HP regenerates. If anyone knows this off hand, i would also appreciate it!

2. Gama_Isisson

Gama_Isisson Guest

I believe at 120 ninja, dog form gives 40 hpr.

3. athlon

athlon Guest

that is absolutely stunning if true. I am gaining Ninjitsu simply for mirror image (90% chance to defelct melee to mirror at 120 ninja)

If dog form at 120 nninja truly does 40 HPR, it just may be the elite template.

120 swords
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    120 ninja
    120 tactics
    65 chiv
    35 necro
    20 anatomy

Interesting!

Just curious as to what wraith form is supposed to do though!

4. Saris

Saris Guest

for wraith form to be effective you need SS and the enemy must have mana

5. i rock out wraith form and like you said a soul seeker is not leaching enough mana....so curse your wepon fight multiple enimes use whirlwind its the speacial move for the soul seeker and if your fighting something bigger use a bigger wepon:) try to find a ornate axe with ssi and mana leach if you got bushido
    honar what ever ur fighting that will help with the mana leach

6. athlon

athlon Guest

Do you need spirit speak for wriath form like Saris noted? Maybe that is whyi am not leaching?

7. Yes, the higher your ss the better you leech.

~Blade

8. Duku

Duku Guest

Yeap ^^

In fact, it's very difficult to make Paroxy in wraith form, instead with a good template can be simple to face mob like Shimmering, which have a lot of mana to drain

9. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The problem with wraith form is that any mob that moves at run speed is difficult to do alone. If you get hit by a very hard hitting hitter, you can't simply run away to heal. So if you miss twice and get hit twice (happened to me a lot against Putrifier), you get a shiny new death robe.

But having triple leeches is great the other 99% of the time. That's life leech from curse weapon, mana leech from wraith form and whatever leech from your weapon. I would highly reccomend a "whammy" for people who are just starting out with necromancy on their warrior types. The cost of the neccessary armor and weapons is miniscule against the costs of equipping a sampire properly.

I would regularly do Doom with a silver etched mace with only SSI and stamina leech and a demon slayer mace with only hit dispel and stamina leech. I didn't have any trouble at any point... even alone.

10. athlon

athlon Guest

11. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There's a delay, but a very small one.

And like wraith form, it needs spirit speak to be effective.

12. ok:)i have recently become, a believer a believer in both. there is two schools of thought sampire or whammy. i have recently been a believer in whammy untill the bode demon showed me what mono chromatic looked like, so i went into sampire form, got my swampy out of storage went back to the bone demon and i made him curse the day he was born. so i was like this is it this is the form until i
    went into the guantlet...i was staying alive,but i was begging for mana:( so my humble opinion is this if you got a big fight comin up you know 1 on 1 use vampuse vamp and curse wep on any monster that hits hard like a rend,red death the putrifier so and so forth,in the guantlet use wraith form you rarely run out of mana

oh ya wraith form leach

"What, if any, is the effect of Spirit Speak on the amount of mana leeched when in wraith form?"

First, mana leeched in Wraith form will be between 5%-23% of the damage done to the target - with a minimum of 1 mana leeched and a maximum of the target's total mana.

With no Spirit Speak, the mana leeched will be 5% of the damage done (after resists) - so if you do 50 damage to your target while in Wraith form with no Spirit Speak, you'll leech 2.5 mana. At GM spirit speak, you will leech 20% of the damage done - in the above case, you'd leech 10 mana. Legendary gets you to 23%, which gives you a total of 11.5 mana leeched in the above case.

For the math fans, the formula is percent leeched = ((15 * Spirit Speak)/100) + 5........got this from the actuall site

13. athlon

athlon Guest

TY very much Bob.

Now i just dont know what way to go!?!?!

Spirit Speak, or Ninjitsu!??!?!?!

I for sure have to have Swords(120), Bushido(120) and Parry(110) with 65 chiv and 35 necro.

Want to do big damage for bigger leeches, so for sure tactics(100 or 110).

So now i dont know if i should do Spirit Speak for Wraith or Ninja for Mirror Image (deflect 90% of melee attacks that get through - thus hardly ever getting hit melee)