1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So I went to do my first ever UO quest...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Derium of ls, May 10, 2010.

1. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'm trying to find all the info for the ricardo quest, seems everyone is doing it so I might as well try ha!

quick question, I got my lantern and went to the skeley place west of Pap, it's the only ruins I know of with some skeleys, well is there suppose to be 15billion fire elementals here?

2. Czernobog

Czernobog Guest

Are you on LS?

I never saw one on Siege or LS. Only skeletons and ghouls.

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You must be on Atlantic. That location has a gate that seems to continuously spawn fire elementals. My guess is that the fire elemental gate was placed by an EM sometime in the past. There is no similar fire-ele-spawning gate there on Baja, GL, LA, Legends, Napa, Oceania, Origin, Pacific, or Sonoma. Can't tell you about any other shards at this point.

4. Derium of ls

Stratics Veteran

yeah, forgot to mention it's on ATL, sorry!

5. slaveone

slaveone Guest

That's correct Atlantic is filled with a never ending supply of Fire elementals at that location spawning from a gate that leads to Wrong. EV's and Wither is your friend when searching for that book.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I've been traveling for work the last 2 weeks. I was surprise to find this event active when I returned. Is there a good event summary you can point me to? Can I grab my char and do all 10 days of the quest tonight? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

7. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Cap'n Pike has a nice writeup here: http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories10/story0157.htm

8. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Awesome! Great write-up... Thx. So can I start with day one and then continue thru the rest of the days tonight? Or can I only do the quest once per day per character until I complete all 10 days? I hope I'm not too late to finish the quest chain. I really need to get my employer to deconflict with EA-Mythic before sending me away without internet. :)

-OBSIDIAN-

9. Derium of ls

Stratics Veteran

today I got on and skipped day one because of the spawn on ATL, but all you need to of is pick up a lantern and go read all of the books, then decide who you want to get rewards from. you double click them once and then you start clicking the chest for as many books as you read. you will get one reward per book :)

also check your shard forums, there has been many great people who have public runebooks to all the places you will need to go on many different shards.

10. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You may read the books in any order and read as many at once as you wish/can. Either turn in location will give you credit (and reward) for each book you read. This means you don't have to go read a book, get the reward and then read the next book, get a reward and so on.

11. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have a book you can borrow on Origin if you want, Obsidian. I'll ICQ you.

12. Obsidian

That would be awesome, Tina. Thank you!

-OBSIDIAN-