1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So I went to TC to burn some valorite charges

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by silent, May 15, 2009.

1. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

And I got this weapon with a valorite runic

Exceptional
    SC
    HCI 13
    DI 48
    Damage split up 60/20/20

Three mods? :wall:

I could make this with a copper hammer.

2. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What metal did you use to make that?

If it was iron then there are 5 mods.
    SC usually comes with -1 fc, but that wep doesn't have it, so another mod is being used to get rid of it.

And iron has a damage split of 100% phys, so a mod has been used to split the damage up into 60/20/20.

3. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yep it was iron. I didn't think a mod was used to split damage from physical, what a waste. So for SC if it rolls a SC -1 it will re-roll to try and get no -1?

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

mod 1: sc, -1
    mod 2: fc 1
    mod 3: hci 13
    mod 4: di 48
    mod 5: elemental damage split
    Mod 1,2 und 5 dont have intensities, so the high intensity bonus for coming from a valorite runic is lost for them. Mod 4 is a shame, but its true ... If you roll on a runic a damage increase ,the higher one is applied. (Mod from beeing exceptional vs runic mod.)

5. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

oh well I guess I'm not burning my val anytime soon.

6. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Good call.

Once you realize how freaking impossible it is to get a val hammer and then realize how freaking unlikely it is to make a high powered weapon - you realize it is not worth using.

You are better selling to some sod for gold who thinks they can get lucky.

Personally sell the val hammer and get a verite with more charges and an aggy. Your results of those two hammers will likely be better than one val.

I think it is high time Dev's make it easier to obtain the vals - not like barbed kit candy, but easier.

The idea was that they would make these incredible high powered weapons- but now with all the artifacts, marties and such - they aren't as overpowering.

7. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm considering just using a bronze hammer on iron to get some good starter mods then when imbueing comes out tweak to my liking. with val there is no room to imbue since you're already at 6 mods when you count DI.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No, but if you DO get a near-max 6-mod weapon (using iron) with the val, that you don't like, you will be able to take it apart with imbueing for good ingredients, to enhance the one made with a Bronze hammer.

9. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Basara I was thinking the same thing, BUT that weapon I posted would only count as 3 mods for unraveling, right? SC, HC, DI.

10. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

nope - it has FC 1 and elemental damage - both are 100% intensity properties

11. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure I understand. So would 100% physical damage count as 100% intensity or only if the damage is split? So the initial roll was SC-1 does that by default count as 100% intensity? I agree by definition a valorite runic adds 5 mods at 85% intensity or higher so all val runic made items should get the highest ingredient when unraveling?

12. Basara

Any damage that isn't 100% physical is a 100% property. (the system rolls it as "elemental damage", then rolls the split randomly).

SC -1 is a 100% property
    FC 1 is a 100% property

when they combine to be SC no penalty they count as 200% total.

13. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info, that will help at least if I don't get anything useful from my burn I can unravel. That info also changes what I'll be keeping from mobs from now on.