1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So I'm trying to play UO... Heeeeeeelp!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Derium of ls, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

so, I tried to log into UO today and it said my main account has been blocked. Weird, my CC has been just fine. Well, after about an hour of trying to decipher this HORRIBLE new Ea log in crap, I finally get to reactivate my account... With the same CC on file (why did they shut it off? they are lucky only one of my houses fell). Anyways now here is where I need help...

I was able to link 3 of my UO accounts (I have 20+) with my accounts I'm able to "log in" via UO (I say "log in" because it seems EVERY account I own was canceled?) and it says my account has been blocked (so it;s the right account name and right password. check) well when I try and "link" them to my email address it says it's not valid. Yet it IS my UO account names and it IS my UO account passwords. Anyone able to explain why I can link 3 accounts but no more? This new website honestly looks and feels like it was created BEFORE UO was released.

eeeeek, heeeeelp! I want to know how many more of my houses fell because EA decided to CANCEL PREFECTLY ACTIVE ACCOUNTS! *sigh*

2. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

make sure you're patched up to 7.0.26.4

3. Derium of ls

Stratics Veteran

the patch is fine, I can log into the three accounts. The problem is "linking" the accounts under the account management. I know for a fact the username and passwords are correct, it's just the account management things I'm wrong. So basically, how can i link them now so I can reactivate them and log on?

4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You seem to be hitting a very similar problem as Data Cymru mentions in this thread Account Migration - Ongoing Problems? | Page 2 | Stratics Forums

He's having a very hard time getting anywhere, I can only suggest start by adding your comments there and maybe PM Dropixel, who is usually pretty helpful. So far he's not been able to out out Data's issues, as far as I know, but that might just mean he's not been about for a couple of days to kick things forward.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  5. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

make sure you put the _uo at the end of each account to link..... and the linkage is good for 9 accounts total then you need a second e mail for the next 9 etc... Sorry to hear you lost a house. UO has been having a bit of trouble but this should help a tad

Sevin0oo0 and Jade of Sonoma like this.
  6. Derium of ls

Stratics Veteran

I can understand issues when going over to a new system. But I'd figure they would stop house decay while they worked it all out. eh, I guess I'll get to the PMs and endless hours of phone calls. thanks everyone!

7. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

They did stop house decay for many months. It just got turned back on. You have been away awhile. Hope you get it all sorted out.

8. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I just had one of my accts. shut down prematurely as well. The Queen Zen house on Chesapeake still with vendors standing upon it, is the acct. I can not even log into due to it being shut down, prematurely.
    As suggested above, go to the link here on Stratics regarding issues with the new since last summer EA acct. migration continuing issue stickie above. Dropixel has even messaged me, here on Stratics, regarding my one acct. of 4 that just recently got shut down *prematurely* ! There were folks that had issues *linking* too many accts. at a time before too.
    As for my one acct. shut down prematurely, ie my billing was in mid April, and they billed me for 3 mos. at a time, my main 3 accts. were to be active and paid up till early to mid July *in theory* ! So *in theory* those accts. should have still been able to play thru all of June to the first week of July cuz 90 days billed mid April is good till mid July *in theory*.
    And my 4th acct. the youngest was billed clear back in mid March and was the one I expected to become shut down, and is still *active* ... go figure.
    For myself my cc. has an expiration date mid July and we have not gotten our new cc. yet and probably won't till next week or so. It will be the same cc and number but with the *new* exp. date good for another 3-4 yrs. long. When Migrating accts. hit, EA kept billing me *anyhow* due to the cc. still being good so I didn't even HAVE to migrate, been playing non stop for 14.6 yrs now on all 4 accts. I knew I would HAVE TO migrate all 4 of my never deactivated UO accts. once this new cc. arrives with new exp. date, ie in JULY, IF I opted to remain playin that is *still debating it.*

IF you have been deactivated for some time, even though they did shut down houses falling for quite some time while the new acct. migration *mess* began, it was re turned on somewhat recently. IF atm you have a house on some acct. that is not migrated or overdue on billing, the houses still do not begin to decay for 80/90 days after an acct. is no longer being paid.
    So perhaps one or two of ye accts. still has a home standing yet.
    I was lucky in that while the Queen Zen acct. got shut of prematurely, my other 3 accts. were NOT..not even the one I figured would be shut off cuz with a Mid March billing for 90 days shoulda been shut off Mid June then...if EA did not get another 90 days on the mid June billing for that 4th acct. it was *in theory* the one I figured they would shut off FIRST.
    Well I used all 3 of the 4 accts. still standing to EMPTY out my Queen Zen house last week when I seen they shut that acct. got off ....too soon.
    Bout all ya can do if ya DO have some of your chrs. on this or that acct. still or reactivated EMPTY out the house or houses ya maybe DO still have standing if ya can. :) But msg. Dropixel here on Stratics, or Messanna etc. they too will try to help ya if ya really want to reactivate any accts. or *link* up more of ye accts. than the few ya did get to reactivate and link up thru the new acct. management set up,to begin playing again. :) Ye may need the patience of some saint to get it all done, but if ya really want to get back in, ya gotta go that route, perhaps.

The OLD system worked far better I felt, but then I never had any issues ever in 14 and a half yrs of payin non stop to play UO with the *OLD* system. Amazin huh, even after migration, I never *migrated* and kept being billed on the OLD system all this time, thus all 4 of my never deactivated accts over these past 14 and a half years kept going a-ok. :) NOW with cc. due to get new exp date, they can not BILL me 90 days at a time any more, till or if I DO migrate. So one by one, all of my 4 accts. will become shut off, I just expected that 4th one, billed last mid march due to be rebilled mid June this year would be the one... to go first, until or 'IF' I migrated onto this new system of theirs. I liked the old system..they didnt bother me, I didnt bother them, it worked all the time for me, lol & they just kept billing me year after year no issues and I kept payin them 90 days x 4 accts non stop.

Now what happens when my 1 remaining house does idoc, does the vendors gp goes into my house sign cuz I am not there to be able to collect it, or where does all that gp left on my vendors... GO if the acct. got shut down ? Just curious...or do the vendors stand there till they are out of gp and then the house falls ?

9. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

As Lady Storms says! And good advice up there from others.

Get another E-mail account from your Internet Provider. Start a new account with BioWare Mythic EA.
    Use uo underline = uo_ account name and hope for the best. Come back and ask more questions if you have more problems.

I was having tons of trouble adding my original UO/EA Accounts to BioWare Mythic using ONE E-mail address. I could not get more than 9 accounts to link to that one E-mail account.
    To make matters worse, I was trying to add a new E-mail Address to the EA Account for my remaining 7 UO Accounts. That was a mess because I didn't know I had to get the new E-mail accounts from my provider and was making up my own. (computer dummy me)
    Finally with a new second authentic E-mail Address from my provider, I managed to get my last 7 accounts linked to a new BioWare Mythic account. I haven't since tried to link all accounts to ONE E-mail account. I think that is asking for more trouble than I can handle.

I hope you manage to get it all straightened out quickly. Just recently, a friend of mine quit UO. She did not get her accounts migrated as she had left them thinking because her credit card was good and the accounts were auto-paid, she didn't need to work on the migration to Mythic .. and lost over 15 years of work which included a Castle. She received notifications of cancellation of all her accounts because of her credit card denying payment.

10. Shakkar

Shakkar Guest

i have 10 accounts and had same problem only 3 accounts would link. I had to call ea on phone and have the person there link my accounts by phone and its worked fine ever since. Take the time and call and they can link all ur accts np.