1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So I've got this opportunity...

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by BloodstoneGL, Jan 27, 2009.

?

All those in favor...

1. Aye!

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Nay!

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

So I do web design and what not for some side money and I have a ton of hosted space to waste, I also have a few coupon codes for free domain names whenever I want to cash in on them. So here's the opportunity...

Years ago there was a forum called pcgaming that all the PvPers from all the Great Lakes guilds would go to and trash talk, post pics, and in some cases get along lol! It was a very fun place to go and let off some steam or just get a few laughs and it was under very little moderation.

Since I have all this space and some free domain names I would be more than happy to put up a forum in which all the anger and animosity that can't be displayed here on stratics could be shown. I'm not trying to take business away from stratics but rather offering another outlet for those who want to really let loose. The only question is would enough people use it to make it worth my time and effort to bother keeping up with?

I for one would love a place to get dirty with it and have some laughs with little to no moderation and NO bias (anyone who knows me or has played with me knows I am a man of my word). So what do you say?

2. FDAU

FDAU Guest

Are retired trolls allowed? If so I'm game :)

3. Kahlan_FHP

Kahlan_FHP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Is it up yet?

4. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

If you're a good boy Christmas might come early.

CAn anyone who voted yes vouch for more than themselves? I'm not so sure 14 people would be worth the time really.

5. Officerdg

Officerdg Guest

Sounds fun for sure. As far as the 14 votes u got and them speaking for anyone else. Umm I am surprised u got 14 votes thats probably all there is left on GL stratics anyway. It does sound cool though as I said.

6. Kahlan_FHP

Stratics Veteran

Up to 16 now. I'd say that's a pretty good number. Could always put it up and then leave an occasional reminder here of where all the hardcore players go.

7. |Nox|

|Nox| Guest

How many of you even remember pcgaming? btw ervin i voted yes and if you need any help i can give you a hand.

8. MrYoink

MrYoink Guest

Got my vote. However after Feb. 10 I won't be around for at least a year. so not sure my vote counts for much. But good luck, and thats pretty cool of you to suggest an idea like that and to give your time, thank you.

9. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

Ok i'll do it. Suggestions for a name? I have a couple but haven't decided on anything. Please do a domain name search to see if it's available before suggesting :fight:

10. |Nox|

|Nox| Guest

uopvp.net

11. Deprave

Deprave Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You're one hardcore newb, lol.

I'm sure some people who got banned here and can't voice themselves would go there...

12. Kahlan_FHP

Stratics Veteran

Yeah how many times have you beat ANY of my chars 1v1...oh yeah...never. Ty come again.

13. Kahlan_FHP

Stratics Veteran

I like.

14. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

Yea it's got a nice ring to it. Though I could also host other forums there for other games so we don't get a ton of WoW rants in with the UO rants. Perhaps something more universal?

15. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

How about wowsucks-uoPvP.net

16. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

uosmacktalk.com
    uotakeoutthetrash.com
    uotrashtalk.com
    youknowiownyouonuo.com

theres some to work with for ya

17. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

IHaveNoFriendsToDebateWithIRLSoIBitchOnline.com

Edit: But seriously, I like the idea. I vote Yes. Though I think I know of someone that already created a forum for this, they just haven't started advertising. Let me check with them...

18. |Nox|

|Nox| Guest

wepvp.net
    mmopvpers.net

19. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

It's kinda late now....

20. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That's what she said.

So I demanded a test.

21. Kahlan_FHP

Stratics Veteran

ipwndinyourface.com

22. Xegugg

Xegugg Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

dueled.com

23. FDAU

FDAU Guest

im glad you dont get to mod it!! you banned meh from the BC forums. Bleh. your probably the nay vote!! you cant handle the truth.

24. Xegugg

Xegugg Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, it wasn't me that banned you.

25. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

Yes.

Thank you sir for your suggestion!

Me too. Now go have fun kids.

26. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

Just updated the theme so now it's all pretty and what not. Seems to be loading at lightening speeds as well. So now that it is up and running please spread the word and start using it for your PvP frustrations heh and give Mystra a moderating break :p

www.uopvp.net

Also if any guilds need a private forum to use let me know and I'll hook you up for free of course.