1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So... less stamina... slowly swing?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Yeah I gm'd being a merchant and now have set forth to make a warrior that can survive and solo.

So yeah after 12 years you learn.

Is this true:

Stamina not dex determines weapon speed. Yes the more dex you have the more stamina you have so they are related.

As I fight monsters and my stamina drops.... so does my weapon speed therefore stamina leech is much more valuable the life leech.

I believe with 150 stamina as it gets whacked down to 20 fighting UEV's, I slow down.

I never really noticed before until I have begun soloing high end monsters.

So, if my stamina drops so does my weapons speed.

Is this correct?

And what is the best leeching weapon for a swords sampire? What should I imbue?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes this is true
    as to what weapon most prefere a fast weapon like a katana or a radiant whatever is fast that you like is best there is no 100% right answer

3. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

yes, that is correct. I would suggest using an SSI calc. It will let you see what your real weapon speed will be (factoring in your stamina and swing speed increase).

A sampire weapon usually has high stamina leech and high mana leech.
    The rest can either be SSI (note: not all weapons require SSI to reach maximum speed, but you could use SSI to reach cap if you go with less stamina- check the calculator).

Hit Lower Defense or Hit Lower Attack (or both) are popular.

Damage Increase to reach 100DI from items as well (unless you have a suit with 100 DI already (thats where the new whetstone of enervation would be handy, cause you can actually remove the DI of an exeptional weapon, freeing space to imbue other things).

Slayers (usually super slayers are enough to reach damage cap against most things cause a samp usually uses EoO and perfection from bushido).

4. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

There are separate forums for these kinds of questions. Don't need to plague Uhall with them. This also could've been looked up with much less effort than it took to post the thread.

Come on people...

5. Ganesh89

Ganesh89 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I suggest head over to the warrior forum, check a couple of threads and stickies, lots of info on SSI and stamina there....

and welcome to the bashing and slashing side of UO :)

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

UO Guide and probably on Stratics as well, they have the formula for calculating swing speed after taking into account stamina, ssi, and weapon speed. I have the formula in the spreadsheet that I use for char templates and building suits. Once you understand how it all works, it makes it a little easier to determine how much stamina you need on a char or how much ssi to put on a weapon.

7. YES the damage increase is always on there... I was wondering. I don't always want it.

8. Well it isnt as easy as that... besides people are more fun to interact with.

9. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you would like I have some links to calculators if you want just PM me.

10. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah really wouldn't want any actual constructive game talk in the Hall. It takes away from all the negative posts and whining!

11. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Do I need to point out the irony of this? Likely yes, but I won't waste the time. Sub-Forums exist for a reason though, if everyone with a game mechanics question posted it here you'd have a cesspool. Thanks for your contribution though!

12. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

applies to bandage times too Raven

13. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the only counter besides divine fury and drinking a full refresh is...

SSI on your weps, cape, jewels, if your a garg on your chest piece. This will keep you up to par when your stam drops low.

14. SixUnder

You could see the title of the thread, don't like it don't read it.

15. SixUnder

to heLL with all these other factors all you need to know is how much ssi when your say at half stam does it take to keep whatever weapon your using swinging full or close to full speed as you can. Other than that, rest means nothing.

16. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

This is extremely good information. It's all great to swing a weapon at full speed when you're at full stamina. What really matters though is how fast you can swing when damaged and at less than full stamina. Using half stamina as a guide is excellent advice.

17. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You mean like Spiels n Rants sub-forum for your original comment?

18. Thanks all
    A conversation is better then looking things up sometimes. I used the info from here.

Just so you all know... I work. So dropping a post with 2 minutes of spare time and then reading the useful responses works.

The alternative is maybe having to spend 30 minutes finding the information, it isn't so easy to find and then reading a bunch of ideas where they often vary greatly. So... talking with people like this works better for me.

And I am posting the outcomes.

19. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No bandage time is only dex not stamina.

20. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That's not even logical. You're reaching. Keep trying though, I'm sure everyone's on the edge of their seat.

21. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

This is correct for healing. 140 DEX gets you 4s heals. Now you can be debuffed and have your DEX reduced below 140, but that should only drop you to 5s heals.