1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So long my peoples

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Gheed, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Been fun. Had good times and frustrations. I had 7 accounts up an until this year. The credit card for them expired and I just couldn't find a reason to switch information to the new one. One by one the accounts have closed. There is still one left. A few of my houses have already collapsed. I thought I would be heartbroken to see the Magencia fishing shack fall.... but not really so. I guess I'm just not interested enough to spend $840/year. The rest of my stuff will go to friends. Take care and have fun.

2. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Fare thee well Gheed. May whatever path you follow be a pleasant one.

Blind Tom the Pirate likes this.
  3. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

Gheed, thank you for your contributions to the shard. We hope you just take a break and come back at some point! You will be missed.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Gheed I am interested in your rune library. Please contact me. Also please don't let your house in the Abyss fall. I don't know if you're allowed to trade it but perhaps if you aren't we can talk to Mesanna?

azmodanb likes this.
  5. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

You have fun also whatever life brings.

6. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

Just when its possible the game is going free to play (atlantic developers meeting) with all these new changes are on the horizon, and you couldn't hold on just a little bit longer, I am very sad to see you go. What a major disappoint and a great loss for UO. Can I donate any game time codes to change your mind?

DJAd and Blind Tom the Pirate like this.
  7. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Lol, I think we all can agree this game should have gone FTP years ago. What I'm saying is it feels a bit late now.

Cya Gheed.

8. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I am with @Nails Warstein in donating gametime codes to the accounts holding the Luna and Abyss accounts

Blind Tom the Pirate and Ludes like this.
  9. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

Yeah if the abyss house falls, that will disappoint many Catskill players who use it as a shortcut. Perhaps consider a lottery for the Luna and especially the Abyss house that can't be replaced. Whatever you decide to do Gheed, I always support. I am sorry you've been so bored, disenchanted and disillusioned with the game. I was hoping it was a passing phase. Let me know how any of us can help maintain the pathway, thank you!

10. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I'd help keep the abyss house open as well...

Flutter likes this.
  11. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

Regarding the abyss plot, there are several people who have teleport tiles there. The tiles belong to them. They are still somewhat rare and expensive. I can do whatever I want with my things in game, I'm not about to let their things rot or be scooped up by IDOC campers. So I have to bring up my list of who owns what and get their stuff back to them. As to what to do with the abyss plot I am uncertain. I'm not looking to sell or give it away to anyone but one of the two buddies that got me hooked on the game 15 years ago.

Interesting comment about the game going free to play. But it is also free not to play. Either way what bliss.

12. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Perhaps keep one account open? Give UO another shot and reunite with old friends. Don't give up yet.

13. Blind Tom the Pirate

Stratics Veteran

Dear friend, As you may recall, a time when you purchased for me a "High Seas" adventure token, given to Gallion/Shenzin, after which you said,"Now, you cannot leave UO!" I appreciated that generous gift, when I could not afford it. So, we made a promise/ a pac, 'that you and I (Gallion/Shenzin), would stay until they closed the game!' Note: I do own a teleport tile in United Pirate's room and the one to "The Dragon's Head". But I would gladly give those up forever, if you stay friend . Please, consider keeping at least the SA house, or consider if you might, a transfer it to Gallion to hold for the good of all you benefit from it's placement. A promise that I would maintain it's integrity! I do understand "Life issues" and moving on, we have seen many go. Please, respond to my plea dear friend ,Gheed/ Dutchman. Sincerly Your friend always, Gallion; Shenzin; Blind Tom Pirate and Jhakar. ICQ 113224114 and email [email protected]

Flutter and Nails Warstein like this.
  14. Blind Tom the Pirate

Stratics Veteran

You will indeed be missed, if you cannot be convinced to stay on a bit longer friend; but you have friends and 'in - game- family' who appreciate all you have done for this unique game and indeed will be missed! ~Gally

Flutter and Nails Warstein like this.
  15. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

I don't understand not being able to tx a house you no longer care about. I don't play this server but why not benefit the others that do with a farewell gift... Someone that Will hold onto it or not why be greedy and just let it fall?

Im the only one that knows where the arc of the covenant is... Nah ill just die without telling.

Im the only one with the answer to JFK assassination... Nevermind ill keep it to myself.

Wait i can end world hunger... I have a patent for a water engine... Im die with it.

I know.how to save 20% on car insurance... Ima not tell cya.

ARE you just being dramatic?

#15 azmodanb, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Flutter likes this.
  16. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

You have many folks willing to chip in to keep the Abyss house up, would you entertain that? I'll personally pay for a year! If not, maybe you could email Mesanna maybe to just "grandfather" it? It is a vehicle for many many players on Catskills to dive into the action of Abyss, so its pretty important.

17. Aedon Durreah

Stratics Veteran

Gheed is far from being a greedy person. In the time I have known him, he has worked hard to serve the community on Catskills. And as to having an attachment to a building in a game you are leaving, believe it or not, it is very possible. I do not log into UO a lot any more, and yet my heart is forever tied to a patch of pixel ground in the Yew woods called Aegis. I did leave it once, and disposed of my buildings. At the time it was sever economic issues which prompted me to go, not a loss in the game per say. When I returned I was able to place my home in the spot it had long set, and before it the hall of the Knights Of Yew. The Knights Rest however, the tavern of the town had passed to a new owner. But I am able to see it still standing after many years and the loss of the Knights who originally placed her. The new owner, while he keeps the doors locked is a good man and another who like Gheed has the community at heart,

I am sure that whatever happens to the house in the Abyss that Gheed will make his decision, his choice based on his long love of the game.

18. Blind Tom the Pirate

Stratics Veteran

Well said friend. Trent Gheed be a true friend to this game we all calls home! And many a good pirate and player has sailed from our shores, including our own dear Captain Pike, (may his contributions and memory continue); he did love his pirates enough to pass his title as Captain on to another, and he did pass on, "The Jolly Roger Inn" at Red Skull Bay, along with "The Black Market" yet stand in all their glory. I also am the caretaker to the CVL Guild's Castle, passed over to me by our last Guild Master, Summer Storm, [CVL] Cavaliers, Catskills.
    Those are but two unique events, and not indicative to what Trent Gheed has planned.
    He has been a dear friend and player all these past years in UO, Catskills. May his contributions to our shard live long beyond his game time. *Salute* matey. ~Blind Tom Pirate, [UP] and Shenzin, [CVL]

Aedon Durreah and Pandora_CoD like this.
  19. Blind Tom the Pirate

Stratics Veteran

Nicely said, Pandora. What a GIFT this public house has been! Dutchman's generosity to make it public and access so many. Truly, "The Lost Dutchman's Mine!"

Pandora_CoD likes this.
  20. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Trent Gheed has been friend to many of us over the years and has done much more for the catskills people then we can ever know, but we have all been grateful for the public houses he has shared with us and while we all wish he would not leave, we must respect his wishes of what he wants done with his accounts and houses with out badgering him about it.

So for me Trent Gheed I am sorry to see you go, but wish you joy with what your future holds for you

Devin Ashley
    Lora Deblood

21. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Farewell, unknown friend. Although I rarely play on Catskills, which was the place my oldest account was born, I still pay a for a house there since a few years.
    I know first hand, that owning and paying multiple accounts is a heavy burden, if one ever minds to check the total expenses, so I can understand you well.
    Anyway, as many others, I offer you my support for keeping that house in the Abyss alive (although I never ever was in that dungeon on Catskills).
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

22. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Gheed, I have never met with you in game that I recall, (Nice Diablo reference btw) just wanted to say I enjoyed being able to use your house to get to Navrey quickly, thank you for that. Fair winds and following seas to you sir.

-Loren(formerly known as DOM)

23. Val-Shah-Ri Lura

Wow...really sorry to see you go. While we have only talked a few times over the years, you are one of the ones I had always intended on going on an adventure with at some point. My advice for what it is worth...keep your most important houses/properties and take a break. You may find yourself coming back and glad that you held onto them. Still lots to do in this game.. Fair well friend!

24. Blind Tom the Pirate

Stratics Veteran

Yes Gheed, what Val-Shah-Ri- Lura said.

Nails Warstein likes this.
  25. Blind Tom the Pirate

Stratics Veteran

And the houses still stand! Gratitude and salutations Trent Gheed, Dutchman and Disco my friend.
    Your generous gift is appreciated so very much! ~ Gallion, Shenzin, Jhakar and your's truly 'Bind Tom the Pirate'

Nails Warstein likes this.
  26. Aedon Durreah

Stratics Veteran

Huzzah
    And safe travels Gheed.

27. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It is a name I remember from years gone past.....I am sorry now that I never got a chance to interact with you more...

Fair thee well
    May your compass always point north,
    May your cup always be full..
    TW

28. Blind Tom the Pirate

Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]
    Noting: The houses both the East Luna Gate House and the SA Dungeon House are both still with us. Thank you Gheed/Dutchman for the gift that keeps on giving to all who use the vast rune library above and the Dungeon Entrances, that lead down to the SA Dungeon House and beyond to adventures for all.
    Your remarkable houses are continuing to bless many. A deep and sincere "Thank You" matey! Your friend Gallion, aka Blind Tom Pirate [UP]
    [​IMG]