1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So Mickey just bought a light saber...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kelmo, Nov 1, 2012.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Thoughts? Can the Empires merge? Can I get a Vader helmet with mouse ears? What will be the next ride at Disney world? Episode 7, how many years pass? Will Solo and the princess have kids? Pirates or Jedis? So many questions!

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Where have you been? They had 3 kids... Twins Jacen and Jaina plus a younger son named Anakin. Jacen goes over to the Dark Side... Anakin dies... Jaina seems OK so far...

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

ya really think Mickey is gonna follow a bunch of random fiction written in the 80's?

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Considering that the novels (about 80 of them) were all written with Lucas Arts backing and participation - and that the most recent was released October 12th, 2012 with another scheduled for November 13th, 2012... yep - I do. I have a feeling that profits from the books is a large part of the value in Disney's purchase.

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

A commentator that I was listening to yesterday said that Disney has been pretty hands-off with these types of projects lately. Long as it makes money, Mickey may not have much input.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:p

Attached Files: