1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So midnight October 14th, 2013 was 0.00 this morning?!?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Piotr, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Gifts are turned off. Thank you for the warning! - not. :(

2. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually... That IS the correct time/date.... Midnight tonight would be 12am on the 15th...

Viper09, Lord Frodo and AppleJax like this.
  3. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not how I read the clock it isn't .... midnight of the 14th is witching hour when it slides to the 12 am of the 15th at the last stroke of the clock bell.
    I was away and was only able to get a single account worth..... not fair that. May I Recommend to the Dev to pop it open till the end of October... Some of us are on government pay and well.................. stupid republicans are keeping pay checks hostage...

Nine Dark Moons and startle like this.
  4. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

For as long as time has been recorded, midnight has been the cut off time between calendar days.

Lord Frodo, THP and Viper09 like this.
  5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Midnight is 12am, the very beginning of a new day, always been that way. Why do you think your computer shifts days at 12am? With that said, though, I wouldn't have any issue with extending the rewards.

#5 Viper09, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

In Germany is midnight the end of the day, so I also assumed the thing ending at 9 AM on 15th local time.
    So my two reactivated accounts only got the half of their collection and some of the others miss some remote shards.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Honestly you all had a month if you didn't procrastinate and put things off until THE last min ..... you wouldn't be crying right now... I had over 700 characters get their gifts ........ and I've been done for weeks now.

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Come to think of it, every time that the rewards end, we hear people complain about not getting them before the cut-off...

Lord Frodo likes this.
  9. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

id assume those are the same people who leave their house right at 10am when they have to be somewhere at 10am.
    where most of us would leave to arrive at the place for 10am.

10. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

To answer the bit about having a month to get the gift..
    I am going to be honest here, my son had me working to aid him in a project that helps keep a roof over our heads and the bills paid and food in the fridge. for 12 to 18 hours a day for weeks and it was not till 3 days ago that I had 5 minutes to myself that my arms didn't ache or my eyes were not crossed to see that a handful of accounts were on the brink of dropping homes! Much less gathering gifts... I don't know about you but when the push comes to shove RL takes top billing. UO dead last.
    I read the posting on the load up and it says midnight of the 14th. that means after 11:59 pm it ends.
    Don't get coy with me about how you understand the clock.
    I asked to extend it... I doubt Mesanna or any other dev took it seriously... but I will tell you this : I have about reached the end of my rope with the game, after over a month not having the time or the mind to get into it. UO has not been on my mind.... I can now see why people can and do walk away... RL comes first.
    Bonnie if you do read this I only ask to extend it based on outter extenuating reasons that kept me and many others from finishing gathering our gifts.

11. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Vodo sugar I worked 20 miles from my last job... I left home 2 hours before I was due to clock in.... you would think id be sitting having a cup of tea waiting to clock in... no way.
    I was late a good handful of times. Freeway's which are the main way to go were bumper to bumper due to many reasons over the months. So your theory is like swiss cheese.
    Never count your chickens or guage the distance it should take in an allotted time.... Murphy will mess you up big time.

Life is not fair...
    I don't expect any rethink on the part of the dev.
    I just asked an answered the clock part as I know it is kept. because by others thinking all new years eve party's are held on the wrong day...

12. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Different people will read the clock differently I suppose, but as far as I'm concerned with it, Midnight, or 0:00, is the start of a new day. Hence why people, following Lady Storm's example, celebrate the New Year at midnight: the start of the first day of the New Year. New Year's eve, so far as I myself am concerned, ends at 11:59:59pm. So midnight of the 14th would have been when the clock struck 12am this morning, not tonight.

I'm not trying to argue, but that's simply how I read it.

13. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

You just described me... :p

AppleJax likes this.
  14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Had two weeks plus however long the notes were up for before the publish :p which was along time...if you haven't gotten your gifts then no one to blame but you at this point! Waiting last minute is never a smart thing to do. Time to hold yourselves accountable! Put the 'veteran' in anniversary! Make a Google Calendar!!!!!1111

Lord Frodo likes this.
  15. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I did just find a shard on an account I missed. Darnit. Hax.

16. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like you just found one of those characters everyone makes years and years ago, and then forgets about :p

17. THP

THP Stratics Legend

yup it sure as...and seroiusly u have had 30 days to collect the gifts....yes 30 long days and 30 long nights

#17 THP, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  18. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

UO has its own clock sometimes they end things with us in europe= 6 hours before EST sometimes they start late like japanese time = 11 hours + from europe. Both can be at midnight but you never know what midnight they choose..

19. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The deadline was clearly stated in the patch notes during the entire event.

deadline.JPG

Lord Frodo likes this.
  20. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

And midnight on 14th October is for me 14th October 24:00 Uhr. (Which is the last minute/second of the old day.)

Piotr likes this.
  21. THP

THP Stratics Legend

still nobody can really have any complaints...surely everyone as had enough time to collect all gifts in the'' 4 week open period''....PERIOD!!

The Zog historian and Lord Frodo like this.
  22. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I don't want to call you a liar here, but I saw you in-game over an hour at a time several times in the last month. Unless there's someone else in-game claiming to be you, of course.

(And for the matter, maybe closing some of those 53 accounts would help with the monthly bills...)