1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So....No warning when entering SA Champ Spawns from the Tram-side Abyss?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Sep 12, 2009.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ok so....I'd thought there was going to be a specific warning before you got into the Fel champ spawns from the Trammel-side of the Abyss, to avoid people who have no interest in them just stumbling in and landing in the middle of a big PvP fight.

Well, umm....If it's supposed to work that way? It doesn't. I've been in the demonic spawn (I don't know what it's really called) a few times. No warning or anything. First time, the spawn wasn't active and nobody was around so I only knew what'd happened when I started gaining Valor and noticed the Felucca pushthrough rules.

I fought some Pit Fiends, fought some Arcane Daemons, fought some other critter, fought some Council of Mages Faction members (and would have gotten one but I hit my "Cleanse by Fire" macro instead of my "Holy Light" macro *sighs*).

It was a fun time but I don't know that most players who make it to the Abyss would want to just stumble into the middle all that. Maybe they would, I don't know...

But either way I thought it wasn't supposed to work that way!

-Galen's player

2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Warning sound effect and cursor colour change.

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Definitely a bug. My understanding was that there was originally supposed to be a click-through warning.

( personally I'd like a "never enter a Fel ruleset area" toggle for my characters - sort of reverse of being red )

4. Voodoo990

Voodoo990 Guest

are both the new spawns Fel rule set?

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, the two champ spawns are Fel ruleset, the two peerless are Tram ruleset.

6. Hooli Gan

Hooli Gan Guest

dont go in that door then.
    Personally I think its perfect the way it is.We did a champ with 4 trammies that just wandered in and they had no clue they were attackable till after.And they were not attacked to add.
    They all said they would be back and that it peeked there interest in fel.Also they got to see that its not so bad if you just act right.

7. Thangorodrim

Thangorodrim Guest

Just imagine the thread we will have if Popps gets, er, popped.

8. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There's even less notification for those of us coming through from the fel side; just the cursor change.
    On launch day I was sat hidden in Sutek's lab for half an hour waiting to attack whoever wandered in until I notcied the golden glove.
    I slithered away red-faced.

9. Cryltaur

Cryltaur Guest

Huh? I've been playing this game for over six years and never noticed the cursor change when I went to fel!

10. Nominated for post of the day. :thumbup::lol:

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That's fine and well if you memorize the spoilers well enough to magically know where that door leads. If you don't play in Fel, you aren't going to know the importance of a change in icon or music.

"imbued" items got to have a bright blue tag added. Personally I think that a ruleset change is a wee bit more important than that.

12. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have this feeling he's some Godly player-PVP God who's just screwing with everyone.

I mean no one could really believe the things he says he does. OMG this isn't fair. Seriously, I think he's just having a laugh at everyone by playing stupid.