1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

so they gave up on old forums??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Greatfellow, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Greatfellow

Greatfellow Guest

Hey, I don't see "Temporary" any more associated with these forums. Did I miss an announcement? Or? Just like to know if all our old posts and profiles are now officially abandoned. Thanks.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No they're not abandoned. Quite the opposite. I'm not one of the techies in the know, but it's my understanding (which could be wrong of course) that the dropping of the 'temporary' means they're close to getting the posts and user databases imported.

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

From the information I have, this will be the new format for the Stratics forums. The recovery of the old data is still progressing and I believe that some of the forums data is currently being integrated into this new format (not necessarily the UO section though). This is a fairly painstaking process and please remember that there were numerous forums on the Stratics network - all of which were affected.

The experts are working on it!

4. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

only question is why we dont have an UOKR area anylonger?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

and professions... I really miss some of them...

I think part of the reason is the overall work load would increase. This set-up is still temporary, and I would think that those forums would come up faster once the data recovery is complete. It will just be a case of import rather than import/integrate.

6. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

cause no one plays kr

7. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I play it. Why dont you? Is your computer too much of a POS or are you just stuck in the past?

8. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Then why are you using 2D graphics for your signature image? It makes it look like you use 2D.

9. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I just can't get used to everything :(.. And for me - it's harder to target mods in crowds.

I also do not want to learn this game all over again.. :(

10. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

havent updated the sig. been lazy. :/

11. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

LMAO, Check her post history, all the screen shots I saw were in 2d. lmao that made me laugh.

12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

cause no one plays kr

*Considers himself a proud "no one"*

13. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

There are many reasons that players have not migrated over to KR that have nothing to do with being stuck in the past. Perhaps next time when they set out to design a new client they will have the focus group before the client is launched, rather then after and it has already failed. The biggest reason I won't switch to the KR client is that it was poorly designed and executed, why reward EA for the way they handled the new client.

14. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

You must not pvp much...

15. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i'll admit i use 2d as well. only when i banksit and deco. i do have kr screenies kicking around.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1W-eLj5hjQg

theres me doing a grizzle in kr. and i 90% hunt on it.

i havent been playing it long either. about three months since I up upgraded to a better laptop. ;)

16. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I dont understand what that has to do with anything?!

I pvp daily and thats all I do...but some of you newbie pvprs make me sick with these stupid comments. Its what gives pvprs a bad name...trashy.

17. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

To bring this thread back on track and all.... :D

The plan is still to import post and user data to these forums. That plan is closer to becoming a reality today than it was yesterday, but we still have no solid ETA on when it will be completed.

The 'Temporary' being removed is nothing to cause alarm. It's been stated many times we are keeping vBulletin, so these are indeed the Stratics forums :)