1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So they're bringing back Event Moderators....

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Aurelius, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thought I'd see hell freeze over before I read this in an official EA announcement...

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=455

" So, we finally have approval to re-implement Event Moderators. Mesanna will be the point of contact for anyone interested. Also, this go around we’ll be identifying the roles and responsibilities. So what’s the hook? This cycle of moderators will be assisting with the Stygian Abyss and Live story arcs. Draconi and Leurocian have been concocting the grand scheme for several weeks now, and we’ll allow all those who meet specific criteria (will be publishing this info soon) access to the arcs and the opportunity to help direct the long-running narrative of Britannia."

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend

I really really hope not- the world wide events are working well.

If they do bring EMs back lets back it fair this time- plenty of warning well in advance for any EM Event.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Don't cross your bridges before you come to them, bringing back EM's yes, but they won't be working in the same way if I'm reading it right.

4. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Yes thats the beauty of the Long time span worldwide events...anyone can take part in them at any time when it suits them in there own real life scenario.

Old Em events were like so random and quick...

5. Leto

Leto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting, I always wanted to be an Event Moderator. Maybe I'll give it a shot :)

6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Assuming they won't all be US-based...

7. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

EM events were awesome and if i remember THP the worldwide events etc still ran, EM events were just a bonus alongside them.

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Bits of info are gradually creeping out, I've noticed a few intriguing Dev/EA replies in this thread. Keep watching, and start drafting the application and CV ;)

9. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Whoever gets the the new EM title please add me to your icq list....

Nuff said methinks............

10. kajakki

kajakki Guest

But how can one contact this Mesanna? I haven't found info about that from anywhere...

EDIT: Found the answer already, sorry. They will create a form for it.

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Patience. The last line of the article linked to says:

12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Sage

*does the happy dance*
    :danceb::danceb::cheerleader::danceb::danceb:

13. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Instead of event mods, can we not just have gms that respond to pages inside a couple of hours :(

14. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

15. Leto

Leto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Aurelius :)

16. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

As long as they will cater for EVERY class of player, in both Tram and Fel, I will be happy to see them return, I am not saying the old EM's where crap or anything, just that they were too random and excluded a lot of classes and players from taking part, we also have to remember the newer players too, and let them join in, not just vet players, also plenty of advanced warnings, again that would allow more people to join in.

17. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

The problem is...
    To use PvM as an example, if you're having new and old players at the some time, then the event monster(s) have to be geared so that the old (PvM experienced) players don't mop the floor.
    With such a great divide between new and old, in terms of experience and equipment, it's not really possible to give everyone a fair chance. Which is why, tbh, a good event would test the player, not the character (although, inequalities would exist there, too).
    Also, it would depend on what tools were available to the EMs. There would naturally be limits to what they can do, and I have a feeling they would fall somewhere short of designing an event geared towards crafters.

Saying that.
    Yes, I agree that events should be as inclusive to all playstyles as possible.

18. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

What I should have said was, I think they could include some events for newer players only, to give them a better taste of UO events etc, as there is not really a lot geared towards the newer and younger players.

As for all playstyles yes it is important to include all, as not everyone likes to be a warrior or a mage etc, some are traders, crafters, make it so they are involved or can be involved in some aspects of events, maybe have to craft an item, or something.

19. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

The traders have traditionally benefited from EM events.
    Crafters are a difficult one. I'm not sure there'd be an easy way to include them. At least without a Bulk Order, or Collection type system.
    Obviously, the events would depend on who the EM was, and what they were able/willing to do.

20. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

Almost anything and everything is possible, but I will hold back final judgment on them until we see some of their events. I wish them well if they do come back, cant be any worse than it is now, or in the past :mf_prop:.

Forgot to add, I think Leto should get Europa's vote for EM, either that or we kidnap Draconi and force him to be our EM

21. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Even though I applied, myself, I can't disagree with this.

22. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Just to make sure nobody misses their chance - deadline for applications is 17 November.

Keep an eye on this thread, info from Mesanna is regularly appearing there - including that it's a paid post, there will be a main and an assistant EM per shard, and lots of other comments that may be of interest!