1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So uh. When did it become legal to name the scripting program?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What the title says... I've seen it in quite a few posts in the last few days.

2. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

Freeshard

3. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

it became legal when it was clear through the GM'S inaction that the scripts were legal to use.

4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

They aren't legal, and I know you're not being serious and are frustrated about it, but lets not mislead any newbs that may be here, ok?

5. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Seriously legal to post it or not people shouldn't be tossing the name around freely. It only leads those who are new in the wrong direction.

6. Wallenstein

Wallenstein Guest

Straight from the Terms of Service:

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Please be aware that Stratics fully supports the policies of EA regarding such scripts and it is a violation of our rules of conduct to post about them here. Such violations can lead to actions against your stratics account.

If you see such a post, please use the notify moderator button!

8. It's similar to Harry Potter and the whole "He who must not be named bit". Everyone knows what it is they're just too afraid to say it.

9. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing has changed with our ROC's, I can promise ya that! :)

10. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Ask not what Stratics can do for you, but what you can do for Stratics.
    In this case - push that mod button...

11. K'torr

K'torr Guest

Implied consent

Consent that is inferred from signs, actions, or facts, or by inaction or silence.

Someone ought to PM this to EA/Mythic.

12. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I used the "mod" button last week on a post which explicitly described how to use an exploit and I was ignored.

Moderators - you can say what you will, but nothing has changed with Stratics, only certain people are heard.

13. Vesta

Vesta Visitor

Funny!!

I am not afraid to say it. If the need ever comes up for me to discuss it. I surely will.

14. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

The Official Stratics "Under-the-Rug" Policy:

As long as you don't name the problem, it will not exist.

The moment you name it, every single player will instantly begin using it with the singular goal of destroying UO.

Then more people will join UO just so they can also use it and destroy UO.

Then lower species will begin rapidly evolving just so that they can become sentient enough to join UO so they can also use the unnamed program to destroy UO (unless you're of a religious bent, at which point the Hand of God will reach down with some graph paper and a slide rule and design some new sentient species that can immediately join UO and attempt to destroy it with the unnamed program).

Then extraterrestrials will seek out our planet just so they can join UO and use the unnamed thing to destroy it.

All of this just from naming that program, so watch out!

15. well how would people know what not to use if u dont tell them of it comon gimmie a break i post some good question and u send it to rants and a moderatior never even posted on it but let some moron post so dorko post and here it sit with 4 post from moderrators just wake up i swear and answer real post and move these dorko post away or just delete them this is so sad!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well to answer the original poster, it has never been legal but boy do they slip thru the cracks sometimes. :thumbup1:

I have to admit, i only know the names of scripting programs because i frequent these forums.

17. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

BTW, "use the mod button" when necessary, ok?
    *eyes Beastmaster*
    :eyes:

18. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

:D

Just wanted to say I located Beastmaster's notify. Thanks Beastmaster. If ever any of you notify on something and nothing comes of your notify in a day or two, please email [email protected]

Thanks! :)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!