1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So upset with this ball summoning business

Discussion in 'UHall' started by xxmoondancerxx, Apr 9, 2008.

1. xxmoondancerxx

xxmoondancerxx Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So I was at an IDOC and I summon my pet it gets sucked up somewhere after a house was placed. (I know that has nothing to do with the summoning) Here is what is happening I noticed I have to summon my pet everywhere now, he cant recall with me like old days(bonded) and when you summon the pet to the bank you have to wait for the message to say that you are in the guards area or else your packie doesnt open up AT ALL....Too many bugs in that change why did we need that for? What is going on? [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Not sure what issues you are having, but all my bonded pets still recall just fine, and i have had ZERO issues with the summons ball - it does what it should in the appropriate places.

I have noticed that random pets seem to have AI issues - my husband's dragon still auto defends when not guarding, when told to stop, etc, however mine does not have that problem. I do have a cu that does, tho. I guess that is pet personality coming out [​IMG]

3. I read between the lines and I think I know what your problem is.

Loaded pack animals do not recall with you whether they're bonded or not. It sounds to me like you're using a pet ball to summon some packies, loading up the packies and then recalling.

Naturally, that will cause your packies to try to find you and probably get lost.

If you want to transport loaded packies, you have to open a gate.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually, loaded packies do recall. The thing the don't do is autolog.

I have had no problem at all recalling with pets on any of my characters.

something else is wrong here.

Also you don't have to wait for the 'guard's' message to access the pet when you've used a ball, you just have to tell it 'all follow me'

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I have noticed that if you summon your pet and then recall..it doesnt go with you unless you tell it to follow you first. I dont know if this is new with the pet ball changes or if it is was always so and I just didnt notice.

6. <blockquote><hr>

I have noticed that if you summon your pet and then recall..it doesnt go with you unless you tell it to follow you first. I dont know if this is new with the pet ball changes or if it is was always so and I just didnt notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to confirm this too.Last night I had summoned my packy and then recalled away and my packy didn't reacll,and I have done this in the past and it always recalled with me so I pressume this is a new problem,Also If I summon my packy to anywhere in fel I have to walk it a few steps in order to be able to open his pack,it has always done this to me,no matter what char I use.

7. Pet sometimes get squashed by house placements and disappear, this is nothing new.

No recalling with you -- have to tell them to follow before you recall now it seems.

8. Pet sometimes get squashed by house placements and disappear, this is nothing new.

No recalling with you -- have to tell them to follow before you recall now it seems.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Pet sometimes get squashed by house placements and disappear, this is nothing new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eep...squashed? [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Pet sometimes get squashed by house placements and disappear, this is nothing new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eep...squashed? [​IMG]

11. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Eep...squashed? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. this is an old bug where a pet, bonded or not, will disappear when a house is placed unless it is a mountable pet and you are mounted on it.

12. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Eep...squashed? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. this is an old bug where a pet, bonded or not, will disappear when a house is placed unless it is a mountable pet and you are mounted on it.