1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So what do you think the Shadowlord armor is for?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gheed, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Forgive me if this has been addressed already. But I was wondering what specific purpose (if any) the new special hued armor dropped from the invasion mobs will have?

At first I thought it was just to be used for "blank" armors to be imbued when SA is released. But then I realized that no specific female armor was being dropped. It seems like a lot of characters are left out of the picture if it were just for imbuing. Also only a special hued Kryss is offered as a weapon. So why would imbuing be the driving force behind offering these special armor?

So then I thought maybe that stuff would be used as a future turn in for the new replica items... nope those (replicas) are for revitalizing champ spawns.

So now I'm thinking it's just something extra thrown in to make invasions a little more unique. What about the rest of you? Any ideas?

2. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

I like to dress up my vendors in the new armors. For a while Ive had them decked out in Cloaks of Corruption. but now, they are all wearing crimson plate! As some one stated in an earlier thread they are not smeltable and hence I dont believe they will be imbueable. So Hot stuff for pixel crack and nothing more AFAIC.

3. indeed :spider: i got 10 of each set :D yeah... i have not life :(

4. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Trash Bin???

5. Fink

Fink Guest

Just shiny new crap to entice NPCs into joining the Shado... wait, that's faction arties. :hahaha:

6. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

The sane as dragon scale armor...Be told there will be a purpose for it for years on end.....it will get a make over to look even better...but thats it...nada

Something to dress up as when the Guild Christmas party happens.. :D

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Storage filler :)

I was collecting at first when I thought the colors were dragon-themed ... but once I realized how many colors there are, I balked.

8. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully nothing, as I haven't been collecting them.

I haven't been collecting them, so probably something quite critical.

-Galen's player

9. THP

THP Stratics Legend

''Any more salt'' -''tasty'' - get the idea yet? with 2 million colours etc the dropped armour soon became pretty pointless

10. Nvnter

Nvnter Guest

Curious, I was able to smelt a few pieces I tested. They just smelt to regular iron (a requirement for imbueing). I think it is great they are giving us ;colored metal armors (and weapons)(won't need dye tub) I will use them for imbueing for the non tank characters.

Side note: It is very sad Imbueing is not practical for the true warrior templates. Only the jewlry will be trully functional since it doesnt lose durability. Unless they change that to.:spider:

11. Evilminion

Evilminion Guest

So it is just a kryss, then? I've been wondering, since I never did seem to spot any other weapons with the new hues.

Personally, I'm leaving most of them on the NPCs who were wearing them, but there's one lovely shade of bronze that I've been collecting heavily. If they CAN be used effectively for imbuing, I want to have plenty of this stuff on hand. :D