1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So what's the trick...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Irulia Darkaith, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

During an IDOC I noticed some people were able to get items that were on the 2nd or 3rd floors - raised out of my reach. Anyone care to share the trick? The only way I know to do this is to teleport to the item then use object handles to grab the item, but I didn't see anyone else using this method, they just seemed to be able to get them as if the item was sitting on the 1st floor.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I can sometimes get them, my buddy can always get them :) gotta stand a bit southeast of the item and grab it.. and I think that things on 3rd and 4th floors will settle as the minutes go by, making them easier to grab (could be wrong about that, I'm very often wrong)

3. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Yes, as DevilsOwn says, stand to the south-east a square or two depending upon the height of the item. It works the same was as objects in your home raised up with your deco tool: the perspective makes them appear to be further north and west than they actually are.

4. Gareth

Gareth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

For things that are really high up you may have to move 3-5 tiles to the southeast.

5. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks for the advice. I was at a few more IDOCs and got to practice grabbing those elevated items, much better now. Sadly I learned too late, I think all the best houses are done falling.