1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[General] So...Whats the Uber crafter template knowadays

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by THP, Dec 29, 2011.

1. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Been so busy building a sampire and a mystic...kinda neglected the olde mule

okies 120 smith
    120 imbue
    120 tailor???
    mmmmm
    100 mining
    100 tinker
    100 alchemy
    100 inscription......ive bust and still no lumber or carp...mmmm

looks like the mule is gonna need at least a couple of soulstones..

or its gonna be two mules to cover it all???......

any great templates out there?

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend

What iam asking is there 2 good templates that would allow all crafting senario??? or is it best just sticking with one mule and soulstoning 2-3 skills to swop and change

3. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I use a few characters between two accts.

Resource gatherer and smelter (acct1)
    various skills
    100 Lumberjacking
    100 mining
    35 tinkering

Tinkerer (acct1)
    various skills
    100 tinkering
    100 arms lore

Crafter Gargoyle (acct1)
    120 Imbuing
    120 blacksmithy
    100 carpentry
    100 fletching
    120 tailoring
    100 arms lore
    30 music (+15 bracelet for 45)
    30 magery (+15 ring, +15 Tomb of Lost Knowledge)

Fisherman/Alchemist/Cook (acc2)

Mage/Inscribe (acct2)
    soulstone inscribe on and off 120 mage for books

-Lorax

4. Serine

Serine Guest

No Inscribe on Mule unless you got 120 magery on it . also imbue can be used
    with mysticism to make mysticism more powerfull . Unless you shoose focus with mysticism .

i would make mule with
    120 BS
    120 tailoring
    100 Crapentry
    100 Tinkery
    45 music

for rest skills its really up to you . Lumberjacking , mining , alchemy etc , and ofc a recalling skill .

5. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Crafter Gargoyle (acct1)
    120 Imbuing
    120 blacksmithy
    100 carpentry
    100 fletching
    120 tailoring
    100 arms lore
    30 music (+15 bracelet for 45)
    30 magery (+15 ring, +15 Tomb of Lost Knowledge)

i like this one and the uses of items to break the 720

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My personal layout is 2+ characters, more for looks than anything else...

Primary Mule:
    50 Magery (plus Jewelry, book and Treatise on Alchemy talisman to be modified 100)
    75 Blacksmith* (with ASH +10 to get over 80 to make the highest add-ons)
    75 Tailor*
    100 Tinker
    100 Carpentry (with Masonry)
    100 Alchemy (with Glassblowing)
    100 Mining/Lumberjack (swapped as needed), with Gem, sand and stone books read.
    120 Imbuing
    0 real Music (swap +Magery jewelry and book for +Music jewelry and Singing Axe, to go with the +10 from Song-woven Mantle, to get to 45 in order to craft musical instruments)

* Note that I don't actually USE this crafter for blacksmith or tailoring - amounts are for carpentry add-ons and the ability to pull colored BODs for my other crafter to turn in.

Combat Crafters: Only "A" would be necessary of the bunch.
    A. 1 Character with
    120 Tailor
    120 Smith
    100 Mining
    and combat skills capable enough to harvest his own leather (though typically has to run if a Greater Dragon comes his way)
    B. Another character with the same skills as above, plus 100 Tinkering instead of some of the combat skill (accidentally ended up this way, just training it up to 120/120 for BODs, and is a legacy character from when I bought that account for a friend as a present, then he lost net access because his stepdaughter ran up a $2000 phone bill via accepting collect calls from a soldier stationed in Korea)
    C. Combat Miner/Elemental Hunter with
    120 Smith
    100 Mining
    600 skill points (including equipment) in combat skills, including 120 Mace fighting (all real). Considers mining with Gargoyle Pickaxes in Ilshenar a leisure activity, but Shame is too much a waste of time for so little return.

Other Characters:
    My legendary mage has GM inscription. I should add another casting skill (instead of chivalry), but I tend to have crappy results at peerless group hunts (as in, no looting rights, even if partied most of the fight and party broken right before peerless drops), unless I pull out a mage weapon bow and use it to supplement my damage.

My archer on my main account has GM bowcrafting, so there's no way to get it over to the crafter-heavy account without training it all the way from 0 again.

One of my characters started cooking on a lark, to get rid of my accumulated blackrock by making blackrock stew. I've managed to get up in the 40s doing just that.

7. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

soulstones.. i dont have a set crafter and i have all crafting skills.
    you can switch them around as needed.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Remember, though, that recipes & PS stay with the character when you soulstone.

9. I have one master crafter - i keep gm arms lore, legendary tailor and BS on him (as well as all recipes for alchemy, carpentry, bowcraft, tinker, glassblowing, masonry etc). I use a mule character to hold 7 gm skills, so I can move over thru soulstones what i need for any particular project. Because there arent powerscrolls for the GM skills, they transfer easily.

With lore, tailor, smith on main character, at any given time he can hold an additional 3 gm skills. Out of the ones i use below, that leaves an additional gm skill I can store for another character.

alchemy
    carpentry
    tinker
    bowcraft
    cooking
    mining
    gm musicianship

Plus I can move mining or lumberjacking to an elf char if I want better chance of special resources, or move to human crafter if i want bulk wood or iron ore from fel

For imbuing, i leave on my garg char or soulstone - because the garg character gets racial bonus and i rack up queens forge points on him too.

For inscription, i leave on my mage (or held by mule) for legendary mage

10. Quilnn

Quilnn Guest

I just try to keep the skills together in order to create a hassle of moving them around (I'm lazy :D). My main crafter runs with:

120 Blacksmith
    120 Tailoring
    100 Armslore
    100 Fletching
    100 Carpentary
    100 Tinkering*
    15 Music**
    65 Magery***

*Believe it or not, you need Tinkering to create Flour Mills and Stone Ovens. Although many will argue Imbuing far surpasses Tinkering, it's easier to have skills that assist other skills bunched together.
    **30+ Music from jewelry allows me to create the vast variety of musical weapons.
    ***10+ from spellbook allows me to create pentagrams and abbatiors via crafting menu.

On my ALT char #2 (Treasure Hunter) I have:
    100 Mining
    100 Cartography
    100 Picklocking
    100 Magery
    100 Meditation
    100 Eval Intel
    (Extra Skill Slot HERE!)

Alt Char #3 (Survivor):
    100 Fishing
    100 Cooking
    100 Begging
    100 Lumberjacking
    100 Camping
    100 Magery
    100 Eval

Alt Char #4 (Gargoyle):
    120 Imbuing and 120 Focus (Swap as needed)
    120 Mysticism
    120 Magery
    120 Meditation
    120 Evaluate Intel
    120 Spellweaving

But even so, you can just cramp all 4 of these templates together to conserve more account room.. But this is my setup.

11. elspeth

elspeth Guest

Of course, you need imbuing to craft soulforges so imbuing can be viewed as a skill that helps the carpentry as well.