1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So who wants to bravely test this?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Adrianas, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. When I installed the preview it was pretty much the same as Windows 7 but with an annoying start screen. Sadly I uninstalled it pretty snappy as it just slowed me down. I can appreciate it's design for tablets though, but not PCs.

#2 Mapper, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  3. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ah, wish you'd tested it with UO before you uninstalled. It was just that I noticed that there were a lot of games that they already had listed as compatible - but nothing yet for UO.

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see what shakes out with it. I like to be on the cutting edge of technology - but not with operating systems. I tend to wait and see what the reviewers say, the techys, and give them time to work out the bugs.

Well, with luck, perhaps someone else will give it a try. I might give it a try myself, but not on my primary computer.

4. Joey Porter

Joey Porter Guest

I am using Vista Leopard 9 pro edition and it works great!

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

If Windows history is anything to go by, stick with 7 and skip 8.

Barok and CryptisRavenous like this.
  6. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I did test the preview under a VM on my Mac, and UO ran fine. The whole interface is just annoying as hell, and the first thing you need to do is disable all of the touchscreen crap and just get a normal desktop. It's almost like Microsoft is trying to make your desktop a tablet or something. Very annoying.

Does feel like they took 7 and slapped a touchscreen interface on it. Ran smooth though.

#6 Woodsman, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  7. RaistlinNowhere

RaistlinNowhere Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Specially if it have the word "vista" on it :owned: