1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

So why do I just stand there being attacked?

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Guest, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a hunter. Level 31, with pet, and currently equipped with a 2 hand sword that has a speed of 3.30.

Quite often, in combat, I can keep hitting the attack keys and absolutely nothing happens. She just stands there for like 10 seconds between swinging blows.

It's nothing to do with spell refresh times, but it really is starting to annoy me, especially as I run back from the graveyard once again to find what's left of my corpse.

Is it just lag... or is there something else I can do to improve things?
  2. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

It's your weapon speed.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

So a 3.3 is 10 seconds between blows? That seems fairly crud.

The sword is "archeus" which I just picked up from a quest. I did have "Brutal war axe of agility" equipped which is also a 3.3 but seemed to work much faster.

4. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Do you have your auto attack turned off?
  5. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

Avoid 3.5 weapon speeds like the plague. On a Hunter, you should wield axes at the 2.5-2.7 speed some where in there.

I've wanted to equip a 2H mace before in the Outlands but it was rated at 3.7 Ughhh

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you have your auto attack turned off?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea where that is... if I have, how can I turn it back on again?
  7. can always type /pvp to turn it on and off
  8. Yep, looks like the reason for the delay between attacks is your weapon attack speed..You can get a faster weapon if you prefer but in my opinion, it's the stats that matter, not the weapon speed because hunters are not a melee class..Yes we do have melee abilities, but they're designed to allow us to leave melee combat and resume ranged combat-which is where our attack power is..If you do happen to pull aggro off your pet, you can feign death, put down a frost or freezing trap, use concussive shot or run at the mob and wing clip them to get back into ranged combat..Doing that will hopefully cut down on your trips to the graveyard and on your repair bill, hehe.