1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So why is there not a Vanguard Stratics fansite/portal/forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sarsmi, May 12, 2008.

1. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I know there can't be a Stratics fansite for every game, but this is a really good game that is 1000 times better now than it was at launch. It could really use a niche here. ;)

2. Shari

Shari Guest

There was/is but it was on Central stratics last time I knew.

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't mean now, I checked two months ago and couldn't find one. I've been meaning to ask about this but hadn't yet.

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hrm, I couldn't find anything Vanguard related, but I don't remember if I checked central. I think I tried the forum drop downs and the main uo stratics site for related portals/sites. I'll go look in a bit.

5. Aston

Aston Guest

cos it's a crock of ****.

6. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I think we had one but it closed down and was archived due to not having any staff to run it.

7. Aston

Aston Guest

I must refer the honourable gentleman to my previous statement.

8. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yup...that's pretty much it. Site lost it's staff and was eventually archived.

9. *thinks that Sarsmi should reopen the Vanguard site* :D

*skeedaddles before she gets smacked*

10. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

11. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Holy Nudity! :thumbup:

Those mounts are definitely unique, and I dig them!

The thing that strikes me the most is that not only can you ride them, but you can also eat those buggers as well! Low on provisions? NO BLINKIN' PROBLEM, let's cook up some mounts!

The boar mount. Take that bad boy, dig a pit in the ground, stick an apple in an orifice (your choice of orifice, of course), let the boar cook in the sand-covered pit, and BAM! instant luau. Let's break out the poi!

The scorpion/crustacean mount. Get an industrial-sized pot, a monolithic bonfire, a huge cauldron of drawn butter, some potato-lovin', and we have the makings of a romantic dinner for your very own harem. I'd say this is enough to feed between 10-24 folks within the harem, no problems.

Ah, good times, good times...

Back on topic, I really hope that the information on any and all forums is retrieved (if any was lost) because it'd be a shame to lose the information contributed by the community and give credit where credit's due; however, it's always possible to start from scratch. I guess time and alcoholic beverages will tell how that information will fare, hopefully retrieved and intact.

It would also be great to have a temporary forum via Stratics for the Vanguard community. If anything, it's a great way to keep in touch and exchange thoughts and information with friends and acquaintences whom we've met via Vanguard, Ultima Online, EVE, et. al. Solidarity via Nudity is my motto, and we can achieve this here, at Stratics. VIVA NUDITY! VIVA NUDITY!

Speaking for my semi-intoxicated self, and in a bizarre yet kosher way, Stratics had become a constant. Great community, very informative and knowledgeable, extremely hilarious, and for want of a better word, it's been solid. It's like passing by a local store that's been there forever and a day or going through a routine that you've done for years. That "constant" that everyone has in Life, be it good or bad.

A myriad of people have posted on Stratics for years, and that says a lot, atleast to me. I totally forgot what I was going to say now. Oh yes, I'm all for a Vanguard temporary forum dealy thing-a-ma-bob.

And Sarsmi, your humble abode still kicks arse, and I could've sworn that twenty of your vendors were lookin' at my gluteous. I don't think there's anything wrong with me wearing stirrup-pants that exposes one's buttocks cheeks. I don't enjoy the chaffing, though. :cursing:

12. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!