1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

So???

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Anon McDougle, Aug 11, 2011.

1. now that WOW is free up to level 20 Lord of the rings has housing what are the plans for UO ??

2. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

UO has a two week trial. Unless you are blind, you can hit level 20 in WOW in less than two weeks.

LOTRO housing is not free, and is actually really ****ty, which is surprising since it could be a major moneymaker for LOTRO. You have to pay for it, then pay a weekly upkeep. You can only store a few things, you only get one container per tier, and you have to pay for that container. You can't use your house as a workshop because they prefer you do your crafting in communal areas. And the whole hook system is incredibly ********. I still can't believe how bad they've ****ed up housing in LOTRO since so few MMOs have housing and it could make them a lot of money. I look at the housing forums every so often to see if things have changed, but it's still the same complaints.

They do look pretty, and if you don't pay your weekly fees, you don't lose stuff - it just goes to escrow, but it's still incredibly ********.

The thing I really don't get is the stupid weekly upkeep and the limited storage. These houses are basically instanced - they open up new zones for housing as needed. It's something that could really tie a lot more players to LOTRO. I can understand not wanting players to craft in their homes, but some of the other things...

Now things may have changed since I last played, but looking at their official forums, I don't think so.

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Pft, you can reach level 20 in half a week with normal gameplay (not power-gaming). A power gamer would reach level 20 in one day.

Basically level 20 is nothing. Can't really do much unless you're max level anyways. Or close to it. Not much different than the free trial for UO. Except you can be a crappy level for free for as long as you want.

4. Setanta

Setanta Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The latest changes seem aimed at trying to make UO suck nearly as bad as WOW.

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

hook system? what's that?
    I haven't started playing yet (need to sell all my stuff first)

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I assume the "hook system" is basically the whole free to play until level 20. By the time you reach level 20 they will hope your "hooked" and will pay to play then.

7. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

It's pretty ******** is what it is. You will be facepalming a lot after being used to housing in UO. My guess is they are trying to really limit the inventory of players. Maybe they are worried about it being a dragon the servers if people start keeping more items or something.

Housing - Lotro-Wiki.com

Lotro Housing Guide | LOTRO - The Lord of the Rings Online MMORPG News, Guides, Quests, Web Comic, Community, Information

House - Lotro-Wiki.com