1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Solen Matriarch Quest is Borked.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Ok, check this out:

1.) I go to the barkeep in Britain (south of West Brit bank) to buy pitchers of water. I end up getting empty pichers - no water in them.

2.) The Solen Matriarch doesn't need a seed to start the quest anymore; simply click and select talk.

3.) After killing the infiltrators, the matriarch wants me to put 7-8 pichers of water in the buckets. But the quest ends after the 1st picher is added.

Thar ya be folks.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the barkeep menu is borked, the full pitchers are the ones at 11gp each further down the list. 7gp ones are empty
    You only need a seed if you're not yet friended to the nest, once friended you can do the quest as often as you like with no further seed.
    I can't answer your third problem without doing the quest. It worked fine the last time I did it, but that's a couple of weeks ago.

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Have you confirmed it on multiple chars?

The Hag quest is borked for my main char... After finding the dead assistant, the rest of the quest won't work. Odd this is, its ONLY my main char that has this problem.

But...weirdness like this should be expected when there are three different quest systems competing with eachother.

4. Kayne

Kayne Guest

I completed the matriarch quest just a week or so ago and had no problems with the 8 pitcher thing.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oki, I tested it - the quest portion does register as completed after only one pitcher of water. However it doesn't prevent the quest from being completed and the translocation powder being obtained.

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

are you putting 8 water clicks into the first pitcher? as in overfilling it?

7. Stig

Stig Guest

I seem to recall they made pitchers hold more water, therefore only one is needed now.

8. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Its been a change recently Stig only a week ago I needed 8 pitchers

9. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I last did this quest probably 6-7 months ago and it only needed one pitcher then, I remember because I was in dire need of powder of trans and that change made it incredibly easy to quickly get a few thousand of it. It changed when they changed how much water pitchers hold. Maybe you used 8 pitchers out of habit (or maybe there's something odd with prepatch pitchers, and they still hold the old amount?)

As for 1, the barkeep menu is a bit confusing, there's no difference in name between the empty and full pitchers (but the graphic is different, at least in the CC), for 2 it's always been like that, you only need the seed to get her to talk if you're not friended to the hive.

10. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Hmm possibly, they were old pitchers I had in my gardening chest. Certainly had to use 8 of them. If thats the case I may well have to go Zoogi hunting