1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Solo Grind!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tangled Metal, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

With Halloween pumpkin spawn coming to an end tomorrow, I am looking for the next profitable solo grind. Pumpkins were great! I managed to get a full set of all the masks including 3 full sets of Mesanna's. I was also able to get several extra Mesanna masks that I was able to sell on my vendor from 15 Mil up to 40 Mil.

Currently I have been working level 3 of Covetous with my tamer. I tried 2260 luck suit and got a lot of nothing. I have now dropped my suit to 1300 luck after reading a couple people say 1000 to 1300 seems to be the best for drops and loot. I am not seeing it just yet.

So, back on track. I wanted to see what people do to make money in the game now days. Of course, buying and reselling, that's a given. I would like to know what Solo Grind makes you the best bank. I look forward to your replies.

Zosimus and kRUXCg7 like this.
  2. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Zero or negative luck is best. Luck and the new loot system do not work well together.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I'm guessing the demand for the upcoming +5 stat scroll will be considerable for the next 6 months, depending on the RNG drop rate...

Lord Frodo and kRUXCg7 like this.
  4. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

0 Luck used to work when Shame started but they nerfed that. No with 0 luck I get nothing but crap not even worth unraveling.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

When I do get bored enough to run shame I run 1300-1500 luck it seems to bode well I've pulled a few 10 ssi jewls with good mods and even a 1/4 blank ring which was great so I don't know it's basically a grind I don't know if it's because of my luck or not..hope that semi helps lol

6. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

cazador: where exactly in shame?

And when I get bored I do the same in Covetous :) Got the Human Hephaestus yesterday - after another one the week before. Nice solo-grind, when nothing else is going on :)

7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I usually do clay golems they are at my tamers skill lol..but sometimes I get crazy and hit up lvl 3 blood eles..

Zosimus likes this.
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry this is a mistake Luck 1000 - 1200 is the sweet spot.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  9. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Thanks for the info!

Zosimus likes this.
  10. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Something I have noticed is luck is weird the way it works it doesn't work for every kill its random but a good way to tell if you've gotten it is judge the gold drop normally if a mob gives you 500 gold and then u get that kill and the gold drop is 620 your luck has worked I could be wrong but that has been my observation

When that happens I always seem to get better drops...could be coincidence but

11. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure the devs mentioned from the beginning luck does not effect gold, but who knows...

Zosimus likes this.
  12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ya man I don't know..when I'm farming it always seems I get more gold when nicer drops come lol but I'm probably wrong

CovenantX likes this.
  13. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Earn more money in RL and then use JUST ONLY US$1000 and buy thousands of millions in UO which you could spend on your necessities easily, this will be the fastest way honestly. Of course if you would want to buy tons of rares, maybe something like US$10,000???

and US$1000 is really not money with the inflation these days LOL

14. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

1. I buy resources from the trade stalls in new mag, then double the price and stick them on a Luna vendor.

2. Farm champ spawns for the powerscrolls and sell on a vendor. - can end in tears if/when the reds roll up.

3. Farm peerless bosses with my guild and sell the arties on a vendor.

4. Build a stealther, camp out at the champ spawns then steal all the gold once it drops.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  15. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Do the arties drop anywhere on level 3? or only certain areas.

16. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My money maker is corgel I use a protector and I end up with 8-14 sots and at min a corgel handbook or sash every trip. I average dieing about 1-2 times a run but I keep the protector on the boat to rez. Corgel loves to loot so I keep all my bandies and pots in little stacks.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  17. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

What's a protector?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  18. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I found this post intriguing. What template are you using for your combatant with Corgul?

I recently moved from the East to West Coasts of the US. As such, I've been working on getting a foothold on Napa Valley. I find that just about everywhere I go I am solo. In fact, the only place I've seen anyone is at Miasma. I've been working Navrey recently as I am trying to get some Tangles to outfit my guys (and sell for a crimson). I could use some Corgul sashes if there was a way to solo that boss (with a second account for rezs).

19. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I use a melee or ranged wammie (I have both) with Healing & Resist to kill everything solo. you just can't use curse weapon on some things (corgul). Armor ignore spam till it's dead =D

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  20. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

I was under the impression a Sampire wouldn't work on Corgul because life leech is reversed?

21. CovenantX

Stratics Veteran

correct

22. Thanatos

Thanatos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am also curious as to what a protector is.

23. CovenantX

Stratics Veteran

A Protector is someone who has the Justice Virtue, when you "Protect" someone (use the justice virtue on another player) you potentially double your scroll-drops from champ spawns, corguls, & harrowers.

So basically if you protect someone with Knight of Justice you get 1 scroll for every scroll your protected player gets.

The protector should NOT get looting rights on the champ/boss or you would end up with less over-all SoT/P-Scrolls.

24. Thanatos

Thanatos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ok thanks for the info