1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Solo guides?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by pgcd, Oct 1, 2009.

1. pgcd

pgcd Guest

Did anybody ever write thourough (-ish) guides to soloing champs, peerless bosses, doom etc with different templates? After having found that my samp is getting a lot more effective as I learn how to use it, I'd love to try him against something stronger than Miasma, Swoop etc, but I really don't know how to proceed - aside from honoring myself, trying to see what's after that interesting corner and, usually, die immediately after...
  2. pgcd

pgcd Guest

For instance, I am around my tenth death against Irk (with one win, though), and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong - I just end up dead. Hm, yeah, I'm on a sampire (swords).
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Irk, Guile & Spite all have that annoying tendency to duplicate your skills/stats when they change into you.

If you can somehow keep them in changeling form, they are easy kills. Otherwise, find a way to get it to copy you with your hardcore gear off (then equip after it), attack it with your template's weaknesses, and/or bring in a sacrifical lamb to trick it into duping it (say a 200-point character in his loincloth, and keep rezzing that character, and invising to get the critter to change into the decoy). Invis pots can be your friend.
  4. pgcd

pgcd Guest

Ok, so here's my first tip: when going against Irk as a sampire, if you can't follow Basara's suggestions, the best weapon might be Soul Seeker, as it's strong enough to kill him/her/it, but it has none of the very dangerous properties like HLD, HLA or DCI.
  5. Altec

Altec Guest

also hold a shield in your hand. It makes u easier to hit but it also makes irk easier to hit when it has copied u. Same trick works for soloing travesty. Thats if u are running a sampire to solo.