1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Solo Meraktus 'champ'?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Tuan, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

So, I got handed this quest from the mastery guy, and I've never ventured in there past Rend. I tried to cancel and get a new one, but it keeps repeating this quest. :p

I asked in GC and the only person who answered said it's not solo-able, but that's just 1 opinion.

If this is solo-able, what's the tactics?

2. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

Is ToL on production yet?

If you're on Atlantic I'll do it just for fun should you want to. But the quests do change daily I think, so if you quit and take a new one tomorrow it'll be different.

3. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Yeah, it went live on the 7th. I am on Chessy, alas. Good to know about the changing quests. I signed up for the parry mastery quest and it was "defeat mephitis", which I thought was cool, given that a) I'm still collecting various statues etc. and B) I got a 120 archery I've been looking for.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Publish notes say the quest stays the same for an hour. Don't need to wait until the next day.

5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Even better, @Petra Fyde , at this point I'm pretty curious about just hammering out a solo on Meraktus, but never having been there even as a group, I've got no sense of if it's possible or not.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You'll need to ask this poster: Bugs in the new lands I have no idea. The only time I've been there with my guild we've died repeatedly.

7. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Hmm, based on his, as unhelpful as possible without actually giving wrong information, post, I have my doubts. I simply find it hard to imagine that there's a spawn easier than 'Coon. I found a thread on a different message board that was quite old that indicated it's solo-able, so it must be doable in today's UO.

I guess that I will just have to give it a go and see what happens later this evening.

8. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Well, I gave it a try yesterday. The results were... not great. For 1, simply doing the spawn took me ~70 minutes, though I'm not sure if the first few were 'counting' toward the champ or not, because I don't remember seeing the spam in my journal right away.

70 minutes is enough to do 2 other champs, start to finish.

Then when Meraktus itself spawned, I was pretty quickly vanquished. He/one of the tormented minotaurs was able to land a 147 point attack on me, pretty quickly in the fight. Melee might not be the way to go for these guys.

9. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

The foot stomp instant death (sounds like something from 'Pygmy' lol) is an extremely stupid move, I don't know if the Tormented Minotaur Protection talisman help against it.

10. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Even faster:
    1. Switch subserver.
    2. Abort quest.
    3. Answer the security confirmation with "no"
    4. Select your mastery
    5. Check the new quest objective
    6. If you don't like it, start over at 1.
    Use moongates to switch subserver. There's no faster way, to obtain the mastery quest, you're looking for.