1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Solo temp

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Rayze, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Rayze

Rayze Guest

Hey all, trying to roll a new character I can solo with but keep running into dissent on the template so plz help me decide:

120 Throwing
    120 Bushido
    120 Swords
    100 Tac
    100 Necro
    100 Anat
    60-65 Chiv

I know I'll need more Chiv to make it useful but I'm not sure where to steal that from - I really want Throwing in there...

Ideas?

2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why do you need Swordsmanship if you have Throwing?

3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You could also take some off anatomy, although I think you would be better ditching swords.

4. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You'll be able to solo with that template as long as your gear is sufficient. As for swordsmanship, remember that as a gargoyle you can't get the swamp dragon damage reduction, so going toe-to-toe is less appealing. The only thing I can think of is that you want to keep it for whirlwinds. In this case you could probably drop it to 110 and be satisfied with the results. I know I've solo'd champ spawns with only 110 weapon skill in the past. If you still have to shave some points, going to 110 bushido to add 10 to chiv is probably better on that build than keeping 120.

5. It sounds like either you can have a character that's okay at melee + okay and throwing or have one that's good at throwing OR good at melee. I have had both types of characters; if you go swords, you're looking at a basic sampire and can find plenty of posts about templates. Here is one at a glance (max damage output, 80 chiv for 100% consecrates) --

120 Bushido
    120 Swords
    120 Tactics
    120 Anat
    99 Necro
    80 Chivalry
    61 Parry

For a thrower --

120 Throwing
    120 Tactics
    50 or 120 Bushido (50 as the minimum for honoring your opponent, or 120 for momentum strike, lightning strike, evasion)
    120 Anat
    99 Necro
    60+ Chiv

and you have spare points to work with. You have options, e.g. increase chiv, get healing, grab spirit speak to make curse weapon and wraith form viable options, etc.

6. duderominu5

duderominu5 Visitor

imo, 120 tactics is usually a waste of skill points. Since the damage increase cap is 300%: 100% from items, ~50% from EoO, 55%(100 skill) from anatomy and ~100% from 100 tactics would put you at 305%(5% wasted). Not to mention you could get 100% from a slayer, putting you at 405%(105% wasted).

7. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

bonus from anatomy hasn't any relation to 300% cap

resulting damage (before resists) = (100% + bonus_type_1) * (100% + bonus_type_2)

the first term gives you displayed damage

"300% cap" means 200% cap for bonus_type_2 (or 300% cap for the second term)

8. Anatomy and Tactics increase your base damage (as does the damage increase item property as Corwin mentioned). Having both at 120 will produce more damage than not having them or having them at lower levels.