1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Some advice for a new crafter on Seige

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Touchstone, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Touchstone

Touchstone Guest

Hey all,

I recently came back to UO and started on a production shard, but can't stop thinking about UO as it used to be (pre-tram), so here I am.
    The thing I enjoyed most back then was my crafter, just making arrows/GM weapons/GM armor sets, and selling them to needy PvPers/hunters. So I know I definatly want to make a crafter, but I had a few questions.

1) What are the most sought after BASIC items from crafters? I'm guessing GM weapons arent needed anymore, but what about GM armor? If GM armor is in demand, is it usually just leather? Arrows? What about pots/scrolls?

2) Jumping off the back of that question, what is a basic template? Is fletching only necessary to make arrows? What about alchemy/inscription? The skills I am juggling are:

Tailoring, Lumberjacking, Alchemy, Mining, Blacksmithing, Fletching,?Tinkering?

3) Are there any skills a crafter should have that is unrelated to crafting? Like possibly hiding to avoid the red characters? Or maybe a little fighting skill to gather leather?

I know there is no "right" answer to these questions or to the question of the best template, but I just wanted to get some feedback from seasoned Seige vets about crafting on Seige. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks all!
  2. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 18, 2008

The thing you need now is armslore. It gives a mod boost to your weapons and armor. With SS stones now you can do it all. Bowcraft is needed to make bows, alchemy is popular. And with 120s, its tough to fit it all on one account without SS.

I went for

120 tailor
    100 Armslore
    100 Carp
    100 Alch
    100 Tink
    100 Mage (to get around, with a +15 ring, and 115 PS)
    and currenly stuck at 80 Mining

I need a few soulstones, and ill dump some skills onto them, and get mining done, and smithy
  3. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Hi there, welcome to Siege.

Here is how I would rate the usefulness of crafting skills, in general order of most to least useful:

Tailoring - People used to buy lots of GM armour, not sure anymore. However runic tailored armour is extremely useful and runic kits are pretty easy to get.
    Alchemy - People buy and use lots and lots of pots.
    Mining - People buy lots of ingots.
    Bowcraft/Fletching - useful only if you can acquire and sell runic crafted weapons, or useful for enchancing friends loot - or crossbow bolts (easier to get arrows as loot).
    Blacksmith - Useful only for acquiring runics and crafting high level runic weapons - or enhancing friends armour.
    Lumberjacking - people like the high level woods.
    Carpentry - Not useful to sell stuff, but helpful if your friend just bought a new home and needs it decorated.
    Tinker - Useful only to make your crafter more tools, some other not too useful things.

If you pick up tailoring or blacksmith, you NEED armslore. If you want inscription, it is useful for selling gate scrolls, however you need magery and meditation to make it useable (I think).

I keep my magery at 80 and use gate scrolls so I can take tailoring and blacksmithy both to 120.

Good luck!