1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Some advice on a Mystic Mage

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Bluto, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Bluto

Bluto Guest

Looking to create my caster and am considering making a Mystic Mage instead of the Necro Mage. This will be a primarialy PvM toon. I was considering the following:

120 Magery
    120 Eval Int
    120 Med
    120 Resists
    120 Mysticism

and then use either:
    120 Imbuing
    100 Inscription & 20 Focus
    100 Inscription & 80 Poison (would reduce others and/or use jewels)

What are your thoughts on the possibilities? How would u adjust it?

Should I simply say forget it and go Necro Mage? If so why?

Thanks in advance
  2. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

For PvM, nothing really beats a necro/weave/mage IMO
  3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    I agree with Chaosy that the necro/mage/weaver is the top PvM caster.

However, if you'd really like to make an imbuing/mystic toon, go for it. One critique I'd offer is that magic resist isn't really needed in PvM, so that frees up an extra 120 points.

Good luck!
  4. Bluto

Bluto Guest

Thanks guys! :thumbup1:
  5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 11, 2004
    I run a 6x120 Mystic/Eval/Mage/Med/SW/Resist mage w/ Staff of Magi. Can PvE with that, very flexible. It's like mage-plus with WOD, although keep in mind a lot of new stuff in the game can't be WOD'd hehe, plus it is hard to get to 120.

The big spell for me for mystic is bombard, it's like a flamestrike quality physical damage option a regular mage doesn't have. Another is hail storm, amazing cold damage.

If you go imbue, might want to consider being a Gargoyle.

For PvM you can get by with 80 magic resist but not having any magic resist can get you killed easy from constant poisons and paras, especially in champ spawn situations.

One more thing about scribe -- if you can get a 6th level SW circle, and you go into reaper form and use arcane empowerment, your end game SDI is a lot nicer than if you used skill pts for scribe. Just need to have very nice MR for SW. Here is where being a necro SWer in wraith form really pays dividends.
  6. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 30, 2003
    I have your template plus 120 imbuing. Rising colossus is awesome. :) May want to go on test center and try it out before you devote a lot of time on it though. Raising imbuing to 120 is no small task.