1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some Clarification Please

Discussion in 'UHall' started by phantus, Dec 13, 2008.

1. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The notes from the recent publish to test were detailed as follows:

Non-Felucca facets Champ Spawns will now give special rewards for working the spawns.
    Killing the Champ Spawn boss on any facet has a 30% chance of dropping a special reward.
    Working the Ilshenar spawns gives Transcendence scrolls but not 105 powerscrolls.

When Regine was talking about these I didn't not get the impression that only Illshenar spawns give transcendence scrolls as the above would lead me to believe. I'm sure it's easy to misunderstand or print the wrong wording but I find it peculiar that Illshenar was specifically stated instead of just champ spawns as I was under the impression was going to be the case.

So are the tranny scrolls dropping in all champ spawns or not?

2. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

No.....and I'm gonna call em trans scrolls....too many kids playing UO.
    A little etiquette wouldn't hurt.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes but only 0.1 to 0.5 ones in Ilshenar/Trammel and 0.6 to 1.0 in Felucca.

4. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

From what I understood, all spawns drop the tran scrolls, but you get a chance to drop one *instead* of 105's - except Ilsh, where 105's don't drop (which I guess is why it is mentioned seperately)

5. von Beck

von Beck Guest

That's going to make the 105 scrolls even more annoying than they already are.

At the moment you just have to drag them out of your pack onto the ground all the time, but after the patch you'll be dragging them knowing they could have been a trans scroll.

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i agree.. really what they should have done is drop the 105s in ilsh and the new scrolls in fel and take 105s out of fel completely

7. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Yeah that makes sense, put the 105s that are annoying to everyone in a place that they want people to have something to do.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

How about if you petition to have 105s removed from the game and just replaced with the transcendence scrolls? I don't think even new characters bother with them, going straight to 110s.

9. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Heh... how about we shorten it up and make Scrolls of Trancendance =

T-Scrolls bc The other's are already P-scrolls heh.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I've seen them referred to as SOT scrolls, that works for me.

11. Coranthe

Coranthe Guest

UO being as it is, I think it's a safe bet that regardless of political correctness these scrolls will come to be known as "trannies".

12. Any kid that's grown up in California, or any city area in any state (but especially California), knows what a "tranny" is before they're 10 yrs old.

Besides, UO is a teen rated game. If your teen doesn't know what a tranny is, it's time they learned. For one reason or another...

Etiquette has nothing to do with it. Sounds more like homophobia to me.

:scholar:

To answer the OP, Frarc has it right.

13. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

Thanks for all the replies. The reason I asked is because I went to test and killed spawn for over 2 1/2 hours in tokuno, illshenar and fel and didn't get a single scroll. I did go back after someone confirmed they got one in destard and got one of my own in deceit. I'm not sure if the drop rate for the 105's/T-Scrolls was reduced but it seemed like I used to get 5's more often. Not that I wanted them but it seems to me the rate was reduced. Then again, that could be UO's fantastic RNG treating me right. :D

14. Anne

Anne Journeyman

Something I'm confused about .... are the balms etc only available to thieves or can you get them from killing monsters too?

15. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Sage

The balms are only available for thiefs, meaning you have to steal them.
    At least, that´s what I understood when reading the publish announcement.

16. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

You have to steal them from the monsters. The higher stealing skill and monster fame the higher chance for one of the new rares. :)

17. von Beck

von Beck Guest

corrected

18. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I just finished a champ at Humility on the test shard, no Tran scrolls, and not one power scroll to either me or the other char that killed barracoon. A bit disappointing to have no reward at all.