1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some great new options, other than UO, to look forward to..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Prawn, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

2. Sauteed Onion

I'm just gonna say, mmo developers in general should be totally mf'in ashamed of themselves.. *Stares at EA, Blizzard, Trion* Like not sure how "small" that guys' team is, but him personally developing that engine, and those graphics is astounding. I'm sure it's gonna redefine the bare minimum in terms of acceptable video cards and such for it; but take away the graphics and go with the physics alone; and it's a treat. And sure alot of the games I cast my kitty gaze of doom upon were developed when this guy was prebubescent teen etc.. the fact they are unwilling to up the bar for themselves in terms of graphics or physics is shameful. For shame. Meow.

3. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

IBTL

Sorry to say it, but this is UHall, where the U stands for Ultima.

Just sayin'...

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  4. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Awesome find..looks amazing!! EA buck up and buy that engine!! For UO!!!

5. Coldren

Coldren Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Remember: This is a single player RPG, not an MMO. Though the engine could be useful, I doubt it would have the net code behind it to be viable for MMO play.

But it's fun to dream.

6. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Yeah what will work in a single player rpg might not work in an mmo.

7. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

The following behind Sui Generis has been talked about for a few months now (before the kickstarter) and YES it is a rpg and not a MMO,but this is the future of gaming and this is what UO could have been. So many resources have been poured into ultima over the last 5 years and yet this guy and his team of 5 people (Bare Mettle Entertainment) who worked part time on the game while working full time jobs did this? ..

Looks like a good game to follow, sure it will be awhile before a alpha is even produced for the masses.

8. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Looks good and hope they meet their goal. I was impressed by the combat and enviromental graphics. I moved it here to this section because its not truly UO related.