1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some new cool ideas and revamps

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cazador, Jun 27, 2012.

1. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Toon age -
    All- gain skills/stats faster the older you are

Mage- the older you are the better guaranteed casting focus (wisdom)

Dexxer - the older you are the most guaranteed hit chance..stackable above 45 (accuracy)

Tamer - the older you are the higher you can raise taming,lore,vet
    1 yr: 125
    2 yr: 130
    3 yr - infinite yr +.5 so
    3 130.5
    4 131
    5 131.5
    6 132
    As well as every skill having something

Hunger..for god sakes give us hunger that means something
    Casting focus
    Hci- which seems to be affected already
    Stam
    HP
    Pet commands
    Crafting
    ...your hunger rating is based on how successful you are with certain actions..I'm not saying every 20 min..maybe like your hunger from full is depleted in maybe 4 hours

Create food spell food only works for .3
    Where as gm cooked foods are a full percentage..it doesn't have to be realistic as in 2 apples you're full just balanced
    Make enchanted apples count as use for hunger..I don't know if already the case I don't use ...confirmation?

And....no more new races!!!! we have enough

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

In regards to your age bonus suggestions... IMO we need fewer, not more, imbalances slanted towards new players. Realistically how many new players want to wait 3,4,5+ years to have the same item, skill, etc availability? I think vet rewards should have two tiers, the first one unlocks after 12 months and releases all the rewards currently available to 60 month accounts. The second tier unlocks after 24 months and makes all the rest available. The reward for older accounts should be more selections from the list.

Ryna, Woodsman, Reth and 1 other person like this.
  3. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

So where is the cool ideas? Seems like a nobbie who bought a vet account wanting bonuses.

Cetric likes this.
  4. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

hahaha i was thinking the same thing before i read this.

5. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

Still need Aging in the game. Everything should age and change.

There could be a way for older characters to reach death where they would begin to slow down and they could place their wisdom into a fountain. Younger players could wash themselves in the fountain to gain wisdom. Age could be shown with anatomy and give you points towards wisdom so that age wouldn't matter as much as wisdom would. Then, you could use wisdom to affect spells and skills.

With other things it would be easier to balance like taming pets because you could trade them to younger players and sometimes older pets could spawn with different attributes where they might be slower but more powerful, where hit points might be gained along with intelligence but the dexterity would be lower.

If you age characters you could have other benefits that are affected through age. Perhaps, a teaching skill that you could connect with another character and increase their skill gains. There is just so much that can be done with aging. You could have a long grey beard and real long hair where someone who is younger could not. You could be hunched over and walk slow but have very powerful spells and if you don't like being old you could drink from the fountain of youth and your body would change.

6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

we can duel on test if you'd like..I just thin toon age would be cool..and like I said everyone would start at zero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Phangs_of_Phage

Oh god another random wanting to duel. Where you got gold at lets get someone to broker for us.

8. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Fine..np I'm on chessy set it up with someone..30m start small..Mage or dex

9. Phangs_of_Phage

I have gold on atl and ls if your interested in either one of those. I would prefer a HPR cap mage fight. Either pure or mystic/necro is fine, I just dont like weaken spams with 18 hpr, i dont have pvp dexers.

10. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Sure no copy to test..I'll go pure Mage 0 hpr

11. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know where to find a broker..but 30 m is fine if u can set one up..

12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Off topic something for scribes out there that "in my opinion" would be cool

Power scroll and stat scroll infusion

Two + 5 powerscrolls = 1 infused +5 powerscroll 2 + 5 infused power scroll equal a regular +10 power scroll so in essence u would need
    4 of each scroll to create a 120
    And you need magical blank scrolls..could be a nice drop on some MOB

13. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Yeah, at this point things need to be focused on getting players into the game and keeping them. Certain things crucial to the game do not need to be based on your account age but how much you put into the game. Doing anything that would make people think "crap I have to wait 3 years for this item or skill that I could be using right now" is not good for UO in the long run.

The system now isn't perfect, but outside of ethies, and outside of a bad/lacking new player experience, it's not that bad. And they did put out a comprehensive player guide.

14. Gha'val

Gha'val Guest

My wife just recently opened an account and she and I are restarting. My account is 10 years old hers is now 5 months. I can tell you its a HUGE deal with the account age currently in UO. What many take for granted she cannot do or use. Like special dye tubs, She asked someone to dye something for her and all she got was it's ok its only a X year reward. Or when talking skills she keeps getting told what to take her skills at for X type of char, however that all stems from 720 skill points, not 700.
    Then you are told about armor, it's ok you only need about 50 million for that item. Good luck.. btw most things you can kill give you 1000 gold.. So you need only kill around 50,000 - 100,000 of them to get the one item you need.
    If it was not for the fact that I play she would have ran screaming for another game a long time ago.
    Sometimes guys, Less is more.

15. CryptisRavenous

CryptisRavenous Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I personally think they should release the account age restriction for the extra 20 skill points, those extra 20 points can be crippling to certain templates if not all templates... I know it's not that big of a deal to some people, but if it's not that big of a deal, then why is it there? It's pretty much the only perk that isn't solely decorative (other than ethies, but you can get a charger of the fallen for non-3 year accounts.)

Mirt, Merus, legendsguy and 1 other person like this.
  16. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Scroll Binder - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

17. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Lol apparently UO had the same idea..I've been gone for quite some time

18. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hey I also think you should tell your boss that you do the same job as your co-worker what does it matter he's been there for 10 years you DESERVE the same pay seniority means nothing to you...unbelievable some of these posts really I spend 14 years playing this game paying for it every single month..and someone who logs in for the first timeshould have the same "rewards" I do..c'mon I understand thinking that 20 points makes or breaks the game but it doesn't you just have to suffer like we all did and take your +5 every year till you reach us considering EA completely stopped with the yearly skill bonuses...it's a reward not a guarantee remove one "reward" and replace it with nothing most vets would be pissed..when I was a new chat I was forced to A walk or spend 600-700 gold frequently for a new mount you can get a charger and have the same luxuries I do..fair maybe..to you we spent our young days walking from place to place on foot or begging for gates from experienced toons of the magical side..no chiv not many tune book libraries...be grateful for things in this game u take as a this is how it is and should be..because it wasn't always

19. Phangs_of_Phage

You realize this is what scroll binders do right?

20. CryptisRavenous

Stratics Veteran

I almost didn't reply to this, but I have the 20 skill points. And you, like I, didn't suffer through the +5 a year, we got all 20 points automatically when it came out. I just think it's crappy that newer players have to wait 4 years to finish a template like everyone else has. Just because everyone else is flaming your idea, you pick my reply to shake your finger at? This kind of crap is why I only have like 20 posts since 2008 on this account.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  21. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

There comes a point where the game should be looked at from the point of view of new players. To paraphrase what somebody else said, unless everybody reading this thread can go out and each find 100 new people and bring them into this game, new players are going to matter as we go forward, because you may have had 14 years of UO, but if we don't get new players, you won't reach 20 years.

Five years ago, it was easy to think that UO would be around another 10 or 15 years and people could scoff at the notion that UO would lose enough players to be shut down, but there have been a lot of people who left since then.

CryptisRavenous likes this.
  22. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My reply was not directed at you solely..it's directed in a more broader scope of things all these posts about its bs they have to wait level the playing field blah blah blah..why did we have to wait..if you don't have to and they implement these things do we get compensated for having a 14 yr account..or are we just these at that point what they see as fair to them I see as unfair to us..I don't know and as for the scroll binders I made my reply I had no idea a stem existed..I been gone for a handful of years just to refresh houses and etc due to RL events..

23. CryptisRavenous

Stratics Veteran

As a vet, I hate it when vets act like they had to suffer through years of heartbreaking agony. If it was that bad, then why did you last as long as you did? It's a video game and we're not World War veterans, we're UO (video game) veterans. I just don't understand the high-horse some people are on. Yes, we deserve rewards no one but veterans can get, but why should they effect the newer players, how come they can't play the game like everyone else? Anyone can buy a veteran account, should new players that buy/get a vet account be stripped of their veteran rights and rewards because they didn't have to walk barefoot to Britain in the snow uphill both ways?

Lord Frodo likes this.
  24. Phangs_of_Phage

Honestly vet accounts dont really deserve rewards because of the rampant selling of accounts. How many vet accounts are really owned today by the person who opened them 14 years ago.

25. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Me

Lord Frodo and Viquire like this.
  26. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

But they aren't leaving due to "veteran" rewards that a goal you strive to get..they are leaving due to a poorly managed game..look at some of these shards we aren't aloud to talk about they have 1000's of people that play daily because they are well maintained I don't know how many people were here before EA became the big logo on login..this game was fresh and fun a new experience now it's like playing a 2d wannabe WOW with no questing ppl don't care about the social aspect or RP aspect like before the kids now a days want a game they can log in know they are killing monsters decline pvp because dueling is "in the past" candy ass games ultima was a risk to reward game..mostly risk and that's why a lot of people played and still do hoping one day "our" game will one day return to its glory it once was..and like I've said in previous posts everybody hopes that person is Messana she seems to know and love this game which is great for all of us! But removing bet rewards to cater to new players is not the answer is a temporary solution till all your left with is people who don't kno how to get to buccs underground and forget what this game is based upon..I vote that if anything they allow you to increase get age for a price..if you want it you pay for it..not as much as I have but something for something..not something for nothing and all about this game staying alive for many more years..and ea making more $ would help that ;)..now flame on flamers ...I'll be on test if ya wanna chat in fel yew

27. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Actually I recall when I first started UO just after UO:R... I thought it was awesome.. but then I wanted armor that wasn't ugly.... but I could have it because I couldn't dye leather.... I remember thinking ooo I can sell my armor I make now... no I can't no one wants to buy "plain" armor.... they wanted it dyed.

I got frustrated because I couldn't do that and I couldn't use an ethy... and all that.

I'm all for allowing 720 with the 6month gain in +5 stats... And I wish they would remove the restrictions on Vet rewards. I mean if an 8 year wants to sell his rewards then so be it... and if a 1 year wants to buy them fine... I think they should be able to use them. I mean yes keep the rewards as they are for what year you can "get" things.... but I think we need to lose the restrictions on when you can use it.

Just saying.

28. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

All of them? Because EA purchased Origin years before any work started on UO.

There are things wrong with UO, but we need to stay away from situations where new players are discouraged from becoming vets. Some of the ideas in the OP would do just that.

Mirt and Lord Frodo like this.
  29. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The idea of veteran rewards are that they are nice to have, but not game breaking. They do not give a major advantage. Your ideas would do exactly that. I'm sorry, but if I were voting, I'd vote 'no'.
    Food already has an effect on stamina, currently it is minimal. If food should be altered at all, then that is the way to do it. Though, bear in mind we already have magical fish pies.
    I'm inclined to say that GM cooked food give stamina regen 1 or 2 for a limited period

30. Gha'val

Gha'val Guest

To be honest after reading a lot of your replies, I almost said F..U.. I will go play another game if you want to be a prick. But after pulling back the hand I was wanting to slap you with, I read again to find the actual message you wanted. Instead of the one your sending.
    So should you be rewarded for playing a long time? Sure you should! Should your reward be so great that it creates a substantial difference from people joining the game? NO! It should not. This is a game not work. In life, hopefully, you are building something that will last for a century or more. This is a game, no matter how serious you take it. ( and you seem to take it like it is life btw ). So why should people starting the game be punished for wanting to try an older game instead of not being punished for trying a new one?
    You already have the advantage of knowledge, items, millions upon millions of gold, and experience in almost every aspect of the game. Why does the extra 20 points really matter that much for you? Do you feel that someone coming to the game for the first time will be able to easily kill you if they were placed somewhere along the same lines? Your signature seems to say you are an experienced PvPer that always wins. The wanting to pay for the age actually only caters to you that have millions of gold already, how is the casual gamer going to pay for anything when they start? They are to busy picking random reagents off the ground and selling them. Being happy they made their first 10k gold, and then depressed when they figure out that you can not even give it to most people to answer questions for you.

31. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mine as well..

32. Phangs_of_Phage

I agree with giving all paying players the 5+ stats and the 720 skill cap. On a lot of templates those 20 points can be a gamechanger. And Vet rewards are OK but they shoudl be gamechangers like the shard shield. Remember what ethys were the first few years they were in. Insta mounts giving 3 year players a huge advantage

33. CryptisRavenous

Stratics Veteran

I can agree with that, Phangs. I remember ethies were a big deal at first, but after they came out with pet bonding and mounts with more than like 20 HP, I barely even ride an ethy on a few of my characters unless my living mount is dead. My account isn't old enough for the shard transfer shields, but without thinking real hard about it, I like that they're there. Vets deserve stuff no one else can have. I just think that a brand new account (not a trail account) should be as good, as in character development not the fact they can't ride armored bouras, as an account that's 15 years old.

34. Triberius

Triberius Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
    Alumni

I have to go with this one, already Vet Rewards in terms of +20 on the skill cap at 5 years gives a serious advantage. With so much hybridization of templates that +20 can really be the deciding factor on if a template "Works" or not, especially with some of the better enhanced or artifact items out there with Skill bonus'.

Personally I'm in favor of making the 720 a thing you get at 6 months, leave ethies, dye tubs etc for Vet rewards. I never did agree with it, other games have raised level caps with expansions, UO either should have left everyone at 700 max or raised everyone's skill cap dependent on the expansion they own.

CovenantX and Mirt like this.