1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

some non-imbuer imbuing questions

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Luka Melehan, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

I am gathering to have some bows made. Is it harder to make weapons in special woods? Is it harder to imbue special woods? If so how much extra wood and then extra bows should I provide my bowcrafter and imbuer. And then, how many extra ingredients should I provide to have a reasonable expectation of success? I am looking at a total of three bows this time around, one a super slayer.

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

dont make them in special wood. Imbue what you want then, buy an enhance tool then, enhence with special wood .

example you make a wep with normal wood imbue 30 swing speed then enhence with ash to make it 40 swing speed. This example max swing speed 40

or make it with ash first to get the 10 swing speed then imbue now you can take that 10 and imbue it to 30. This example max swing speed is 30 because you made with special wood first

DJAd likes this.
  3. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

My husband says he always uses regular wood.

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

5. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

ok ,so wood mods countin the overall mod count.

6. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Spined leather do the same, one mod less as there is 40 Luck. If making a cheap newbie suit with resist and LRC it's ok but if you want it maxed out.
    However horned and barded do only have extra resist and they don't count so in this case, you need to add less resist to a barded suit and may have 4 mod for imbuing on most pieces.
    Imbuing sure can be a pain :)

7. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

ok so going with regular wood, how extra bows should I provide my imbuer to end up with three successes?

8. FrejaSP

Imbuing do not break the bows, it only waste alot of resources, when you fail 20 times, even when it say 20% chance and one try out of 5 should be a success.

9. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

awesome thanks!

10. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

imbuin doesnt break the bow but addin the wood at the end (after you imbue it) to get the uber supreme that is what breaks it. Like stated by sprago. Now you can always skip all this and try to reforge one. You could possible end up with a beast. but the chances are slim.

11. Montie1123

Montie1123 Journeyman

would a forged metal tool work on a bow? I know you can use one of the charges to get a 100% no fail/break chance when you use one.

12. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

yes it would

13. Arradin

Arradin Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Why do you want to enhance an item with special wood AFTER imbuing it?!

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

imbuing over writes, enhancing adds to.
    adding ash to a bow that has been imbued to 30% ssi can give you 40%ssi - reforging can get it even higher, but there's a lot of RL luck needed to do so.

15. The Cheapsuit

The Cheapsuit Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm still confused on the whole reforging thingy. Are you saying it's possible to reforge a melee weapon with 25 hci?

16. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bo will explain, reforging you take a gm crafted weapon (or plain leather armor) with no mods cept the di. So its basically blank to begin with. Than you reforge it. Now you could end up with 25hci, that is possible. But you will also end up with a couple of other mods. Thats the lucky part, to get all the mods you want, and none of the garbage mods.

17. The Cheapsuit

The Cheapsuit Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So the best order to make a weapon is create the weapon, then imbue it, the reforge it last?

18. Montie1123

Montie1123 Journeyman

no reforge before imbuing, take a fresh item from one of the GM skills, IE BSing. YOU make a GM exceptionable sword. You then reforge said sword. After that you POF it if you want, then you imbue the rest of what you want on it. That is inless i was reading the info wrong but i dont think i am.

19. FrejaSP

The confusing part is the forged metal tool, it's a tools, you can buy from EA. It do, that you won't break an item, if you try to enhange a item with colored resources to get more luck or some of the wood mods.
    It's not the same as using a runic tools to reforge an item.
    Being a crafter is a little more complicated now, but that may be a good thing, as few will craft their own items, even when they may have imbuing for unrawing loot.