1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"Some of the damage you receive has been converted to heal you."

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I haven't been playing all that much lately, but over the last week I've noticed a couple of times an odd red hazy effect around one or two of my tamers when they've taken damage. Was in the middle of taming a dragon at the time, so I didn't really check the journal to see if there was a specific message and kind of thought maybe it was just some new visual effect that dragons have or something.

Today, however, I actually glanced at the journal right after it happened with one tamer character and saw this message: "Some of the damage you received has been converted to heal you."

I have no clue what's going on. There's no buff icon of any sort for the character. She's an elf. The only spell casting ability she has is plain old magery. She's never used spellweaving or mysticism or necromancy or chivalry and doesn't have the books for them in her pack. She's been in factions for several years but has zip for rank. I only log on to the character every couple of days to get a taming gain (11 gains to go to hit 120).

So what's making her convert damage to healing gains? I'm really puzzled. I think it's happened with one or two other characters that I've taken out taming when they've received damage in the last week or so, but I wasn't paying close attention at the time and all I've done with them lately is take them to Destard to get a taming gain. I guess I'll have to watch more closely and see what's going on.

2. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Check your cloak for kenetic energy

3. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

LOL That's it! Thank you so much. It just happened with another character and she's wearing a cloak too.

I feel really dumb but glad I asked. Thanks. Guess I haven't been playing enough lately.

4. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Does stone form negate this effect? I was working up parry on bone knights while wearing the wing armor w 5% kinetic eater. Not once did it fire off and BKs do 40/60 phys/cold damage according to the hunter's guide. Went from 0 to almost 80 parry w/o seeing the message.

5. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Is Kinetic physical or energy damage?

Thanks. :thumbup1:

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think it is one those effects that don't stack and the form is greater then the cloak or overrides it as last effect to take place.

7. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

I think it's physical damage. Someone else should confirm though.

8. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

makes sense since it's birthed from motion of mass. what do devs like to munch on, we need to lure them in here with candy and treats.

9. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Pizza and beer or they aint human..............